Api Ph Test Kits

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
I often have a result that looks slightly purpley, so off the scale of the normal kit-7.6+. So I get the high pH kit out and it's a clear 7.4.
Do these 2 kits normally agree with each other?
 
No, I think what you're seeing is that they are probably not as accurate as real 10ths, but are accurate to a few 10ths. Thus what you're seeing is that your water is somewhere around 7.3 to 7.7 or something but neither of the kits is really accurate enough to pin in down more than that. And for our general purposes in aquariums I don't think we usually really need more accuracy than that. In general we take actions bases on rough ranges.

~~waterdrop~~
 
No, I think what you're seeing is that they are probably not as accurate as real 10ths, but are accurate to a few 10ths. Thus what you're seeing is that your water is somewhere around 7.3 to 7.7 or something but neither of the kits is really accurate enough to pin in down more than that. And for our general purposes in aquariums I don't think we usually really need more accuracy than that. In general we take actions bases on rough ranges.

~~waterdrop~~

Hi,
I would suggest you to opt for https://www.microessentiallab.com . They offer highly accurate and reliable ph kits that I have used for many years now. I find their sanitizer test papers simply great for testing the levelof acidity or alkalinity in a substance in my lab.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top