Anyone Want To Rant? About Anything? I Do.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I'm surprised school was in session during that! Here they would have closed the schools for the protection of the students. And the irritation of the parents.
Like they care... Even when it was so much snow that the traffic got severely slowed down (snow almost at the level of car height), high school still was open. And me being a geek, I just had to go there...

Jeez... if we get more than an inch of snow, they start shutting schools in the UK :lol:

Jeez... if we get more than an inch of snow, they start shutting schools in the UK :lol:
They only do that with schools for kids. Not high-schools. And that usually happens in villages, not in cities.

I'll #138## rant. Yup. THeres a slight nitrite reading in my Angel tank and I can't figure out why. Other then... I know the tank is understocked so when I do a water change, it adds more ammonia then the fish create, it takes a full 24 hours to clear fully. But I'm not adding more fish for a while so I'm stuck in a stupid spot. :angry:

I'll #138## rant. Yup. THeres a slight nitrite reading in my Angel tank and I can't figure out why. Other then... I know the tank is understocked so when I do a water change, it adds more ammonia then the fish create, it takes a full 24 hours to clear fully. But I'm not adding more fish for a while so I'm stuck in a stupid spot. :angry:
Why does your water company even allow ammonia in the tap water? o_O
Unless it is well water...
Our ammonia is 0.005 or something, not even my kit can detect it.

I'm in the US, I gather that it's pretty common here. The ammonia in my tap is reading at 1.0 ppm

I have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 5 ppm nitrate in my tap water here in North Carolina............

1 ppm ammonia from the tap seems awfully high to me.

I have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 5 ppm nitrate in my tap water here in North Carolina............

That's the exact stats of our water here.
Perfect for keeping nitrates low too, maybe that explains my lack of algae.

Ours has been testing really bad for us, though has improved drastically since it rained!

Was: 0 ammonia, 0.25 Nitrite & 80-100ppm Nitrate!!

Complained to Thames water and they just said it was our incorrect test kits or the pipework we have... For starters, we use a lot of perfectly accurate test kits and it wasnt just us, had at least 15 customers in a 10 mile radius with the same problem :rolleyes: legal nitrate limit is 50ppm so they were way out of order. Curse you Thames Water!

That's the exact stats of our water here.
Perfect for keeping nitrates low too, maybe that explains my lack of algae.

That's because I'm a Romanian in disguise................. :shifty:

Funny, I have next to no algae either, eevn with very high lighting on 2 of the tanks

Ours has been testing really bad for us, though has improved drastically since it rained!

Complained to Thames water and they just said it was our incorrect test kits or the pipework we have... For starters, we use a lot of perfectly accurate test kits and it wasnt just us, had at least 15 customers in a 10 mile radius with the same problem :rolleyes: legal nitrate limit is 50ppm so they were way out of order. Curse you Thames Water!
Apa Nova rules! We get the stats reported and after testing, I can confirm that at least their nitrite and ammonia are spot on at 0.
Don't know about the 'trates though, no kit for that one.
And I do like the 55mg/l iron in the water. Good for plants. Just hope my dechlorinator doesn't remove it...

That's scary numbers! :blink:

My rant for today.

I am sick and tired of people going off topic on threads, there seems to be so many threads that are junked up with people chatting about things that are nothing to do with the topic posted, this realy grinds my gears!!

Why not use MSN or similar to chat about general non fish related stuff? :crazy:

My rant for today.

I am sick and tired of people going off topic on threads, there seems to be so many threads that are junked up with people chatting about things that are nothing to do with the topic posted, this realy grinds my gears!!

Why not use MSN or similar to chat about general non fish related stuff? :crazy:
Because so many people moved over to freakin' facebook, that there are very few on msn. Lol.
I think i'm guilty of the going offtopic part. On a lot of forums. On one, I've gained the title of Queen of Off Topic, in addition to Queen of TMI.
Notable that I was going off topic in a section called Off Topic.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back