Anyone seen this type of marbling before

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kaijuaquatics

Reaction score
Hi yall <3

This is my bfs betta, Trua. He has this marbling colouration on him which is really unique and I can't find any examples of it anywhere. Its not any disease because he's completely fine and thriving- we've treated him before but it didn't change anything so we've come to the conclusion that its some type of marbling.

Anyone ever seen it before? I've heard of marbling coming out as a fish ages so I wonder if it's that 👀 I can't find any other fish that look like him though!

Hes also literally the dopiest betta I've ever seen, bug eyes I absolutely adore him hehe.
Snapchat-286743611.jpg

Snapchat-1462105959.jpg

Snapchat-1550483137.jpg

Actually that doesnt look healthy. Im wondering if its excess mucus. What do you add to the tap water before putting it into the tank?
He uses Tetra aquasafe. We've attempted treatment before when we thought it was fungus with aquarium salt and some antifungal, but it didn't do anything. His tank is cycled and he shares it with a small school of corydoras- all of which are fine and active.

He uses Tetra aquasafe. We've attempted treatment before when we thought it was fungus with aquarium salt and some antifungal, but it didn't do anything. His tank is cycled and he shares it with a small school of corydoras- all of which are fine and active.
How much does he add every water change? The bottle says it does enhance the slime coat and Im wondering how it does this

How much does he add every water change? The bottle says it does enhance the slime coat and Im wondering how it does this
Ok I asked and he said he adds 10 ml to every bucket. Every water change he adds 1 and a half buckets of water back in and they hold 15L. Apparently the measurements on the cap are quite vague so now I'm wondering too

Ok I asked and he said he adds 10 ml to every bucket. Every water change he adds 1 and a half buckets of water back in and they hold 15L. Apparently the measurements on the cap are quite vague so now I'm wondering too
Ok... Wow... He is overdosing this a lot. The instructions say to add 5ml for every 10g. His buckets only hold 3.9g

The website says 5 ml per 10 litres, so 15 litres needs 7.5 ml. And the half bucket needs 3.75 ml. A 10 ml syringe would be the easiest way to measure this. (Amazon, eBay or a babies medicine dosing syringe from a pharmacy)

The website says 5 ml per 10 litres, so 15 litres needs 7.5 ml. And the half bucket needs 3.75 ml. A 10 ml syringe would be the easiest way to measure this. (Amazon, eBay or a babies medicine dosing syringe from a pharmacy)
no, it says 5ml per 10 GALLONS. not litres

Ok... Wow... He is overdosing this a lot. The instructions say to add 5ml for every 10g. His buckets only hold 3.9g
Oh **** I had no idea, I use a different water treatment to him.

I've told him all that and he's significantly reducing the dosage as well as potentially getting a different brand with an easier to use measuring cup. This is his first ever tank and fish so its a learning curve.

Thank you for your help here, we all really appreciate it.

From here:

Tetra Aquasafe.jpg

It seems there are two websites, one for the US which gives the dose rate in teaspoons per gallon and one for the UK which gives the dose rate in mls per litre.

Oh **** I had no idea, I use a different water treatment to him.

I've told him all that and he's significantly reducing the dosage as well as potentially getting a different brand with an easier to use measuring cup. This is his first ever tank and fish so its a learning curve.

Thank you for your help here, we all really appreciate it.
No problem! I would switch to something like API aqua essentials. Just do something that only takes the toxins out of the tap water. Dont do things that just try to sell itself with claims of giving fish better coating

From here:

View attachment 158923

It seems there are two websites, one for the US which gives the dose rate in teaspoons per gallon and one for the UK which gives the dose rate in mls per litre.
I got my info from the petsmart site which gives the directions of the product

If he has chlorine rather than chloramine in his tap water, the best water conditioner is API Tap Water Conditioner. He would need 4 drops of that for the full 15 litre bucket and 2 drops for the half bucket.

I got my info from the petsmart site which gives the directions of the product
I got mine from Tetra's UK site. I always go to the manufacturer's website first.

From here:

View attachment 158923

Maybe its a different thing in the UK so you have to add a different amount???

If he has chlorine rather than chloramine in his tap water, the best water conditioner is API Tap Water Conditioner. He would need 4 drops of that for the full 15 litre bucket and 2 drops for the half bucket.

I got mine from Tetra's UK site. I always go to the manufacturer's website first
I was wondering how he managed to OD that bad haha 😂 my worries are alleviated knowing its 5ml per 10litres and not gallons. Hes investing in those syringes for better accuracy and ordering in some new water treatment

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back