Anyone know the breed/tail type?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Perci

Reaction score
I purchased this female today, she was simply labeled as a female betta, however. I was wondering what she is? I canā€™t really determine if she is a plakat or a delta. She is a very docile betta.
3DAD3132-EA69-41EA-9DAE-1DADF59F05B1.jpeg

I purchased this female today, she was simply labeled as a female betta, however. I was wondering what she is? I canā€™t really determine if she is a plakat or a delta. She is a very docile betta.
View attachment 158705
I would say a delta tail, just like mine. (The fish in my avatar. Mine is a male, but it's the same tail shape)

There's a possibility it's a plakat, but not likely. Plakat's tend to have a more rigid tail.

crowntail. A plakat betta wouldn't have the little points at the tail edge.:)
Not exactly true. There are lots of tail variants that have points along the edge, that aren't crowntails; Delta, Combtail, Half moon, Plakat, etc.

Not exactly true. There are lots of tail variants that have points along the edge, that aren't crowntails; Delta, Combtail, Half moon, Plakat, etc.
I'm assuming this fish is from a Petco, PetSmart, or a chain retailer. you are most commonly going to find A VT or CT female betta fish. in some cases (mostly kois) you can find a plakat.
sorry, I was just making it easy for the OP.:/

Thanks for all the responses lol, I could slightly agree with the veil tail type. When she swims her lower fin does go to a point at the end, however when it sticks straight out it more resembles a delta or a plakat. The only issue I have with her being a plakat is she is seemingly non aggressive, idk if the plakat aggression thing is true for all plakats. I have a picture of her tail pointed while she swims and a pick of it not pointed while she is still.

Attachments

• E6535571-F371-488F-8F72-89D4B0619F71.jpeg
    E6535571-F371-488F-8F72-89D4B0619F71.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 705EA131-75D7-4420-93D4-CFE4A7A5A88A.jpeg
    705EA131-75D7-4420-93D4-CFE4A7A5A88A.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 44
It isn't entirely true:)
I figured, I think Iā€™ve probably settled on an HMPK female. Iā€™ve gone through many videos and photos of this breed. Her tail fin does stretch out to a considerable amount that isnā€™t shown in my pictures. Not to mention my local pet store is kind of notorious for selling halfmoons and plakats. Iā€™ll probably have to ask them who their breeder is, itā€™s not a big chain store type of place. Itā€™s more of a family owned pet store?

I figured, I think Iā€™ve probably settled on an HMPK female. Iā€™ve gone through many videos and photos of this breed. Her tail fin does stretch out to a considerable amount that isnā€™t shown in my pictures. Not to mention my local pet store is kind of notorious for selling halfmoons and plakats. Iā€™ll probably have to ask them who their breeder is, itā€™s not a big chain store type of place. Itā€™s more of a family owned pet store?
Hard to tell from the photos if sheā€™s a HMPK. Just from her body shape, she doesnā€™t look like one.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back