Anyone Know Of Any Good Custom-build Tank Manufacturers?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

D34DLY

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm looking in to investing in a space-efficient tank design: http://oi50.tinypic.com/29m66mw.jpg

However Im trying to get quotes from as many different places as possible. Do any of you know of some good companies, perhaps even yourself or a friend? A good deal will be best :D I'd like a quote of the same design, but with height differences of 40,50,60,65,70 and 80cm high. Thanks guys! Ive heard it wouldnt cost £200! But we shall have to see. I currently have a small 42 litre tank and hate the limitations its holds.

Thanks guys! Feel free to suggest anyone who you feel is good!

Its quite simple to make, have a look on youtube someone on there gives you step by step instructions and what glass to buy etc etc

ye check your local fish shop's go to a few if you can get some quotes before going on line thats all i will say :) you can build your own but then its getting the glass from where ever no idea, i may build my own tank next,

with a tank of your dimensions may be hard to build on your own tbh, with the amount of water to risky for me anyway :) haha, good luck keep us up dates il be watching this :p

I've had good results from ND aquatics. Nice tank they made for me. There are plenty out there, I went with them mainly to be honest because my wife liked the cabinet.

Building your own isnt as scary as it may seem. All you need really is Aquarium Silicone, and NON TEMPERED Glass

Obviously you will then need your tools i.e. spirit levels, glamps, and something to keep the sides vertical (wood)

Try it out.

In terms of glass, most glass manufacturers will sell this, or you could go to a LFS and pick up tanks with similar size panels you require, then break them down (remove Silicone-fishing wire good for this) and clean up the glass, and replace them in the style you wish
good.gif

Another option is acrylic , however you use a solvent to "Bond" the sheets together as apposed to silicone. I do not have experience with this but could be worth a shot. Seems to be cheaper than glass too!

Where abouts do you live as i have a contact how makes Aquariums in the Manchester area

I live in the area of Wolverhampton.

Building your own isnt as scary as it may seem. All you need really is Aquarium Silicone, and NON TEMPERED Glass

Obviously you will then need your tools i.e. spirit levels, glamps, and something to keep the sides vertical (wood)

Try it out.

In terms of glass, most glass manufacturers will sell this, or you could go to a LFS and pick up tanks with similar size panels you require, then break them down (remove Silicone-fishing wire good for this) and clean up the glass, and replace them in the style you wish
good.gif

Another option is acrylic , however you use a solvent to "Bond" the sheets together as apposed to silicone. I do not have experience with this but could be worth a shot. Seems to be cheaper than glass too!

I don't know... It seems such a waste of equipment as I'll only be needing ONE tank, never any more? I think making one is completely out of my grasp, both my confidence and skill does not match!
bye2.gif

I have received a few quotes online via email as I don't believe there is anyone in my area who could make the tank. (Only the dreaded petsathome!) However many say they don't do shapes other than rectangles, so this comes as a disappointment. Nevertheless, a quote received from "Coral Aquarium Cabinets" is as follows:

HI reece,
Aquarium as drawing
> 60cm deep £260.00
> 80cm deep £420.00
Regards
Les O'Grady

Notice how they they say "deep"? Perhaps they meant height? Nevertheless, any thoughts on this pricing?

I've had good results from ND aquatics. Nice tank they made for me. There are plenty out there, I went with them mainly to be honest because my wife liked the cabinet.

Contacted them, however was just responded with:

Hi,
Sorry, we can't help you on this one.
regards,
ND aquatics

Try http://www.poseidons-palace.co.uk/ ..... they have a good rep.

If not, do you know Angel aquatics in sellyoak (Birmingham)?.... Dave who works there is a very capable tank maker, i'm sure he will be able to sort you out much cheaper than most places
good.gif

Unfortunately, the distance is I can travel is limited greatly. If it's not within a short walk away then delivery must be required... :( Do angel aquatics have an email address?)

(I have also contacted the other business you suggested. Will let you know what happens!)

Unfortunately, the distance is I can travel is limited greatly. If it's not within a short walk away then delivery must be required...
sad.png
Do angel aquatics have an email address?)

(I have also contacted the other business you suggested. Will let you know what happens!)

You may be better ringing them mate and asking for Dave.....0121 472 5144 ..... i'm sure if he can build the tank he could arrange delivery for you.

I'm not to sure on the email addy tbh, i think they have recently changed there name so the email address has probably change.

In terms of Delivery, what about something such as courrier service. Not as expensive as people think!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back