Anyone Know A Good Bacterial Med In Aussie?

koinukun

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hobart, Australia
Hi everyone!

Calling all you Aussies out there! Know any good bacterial meds sold here? This is kind of my first emergency and I need a good brand that treats gram and pos bacteria.


Any imput would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

koinukun~
 
There some bacterial meds on there which are antibiotics and they will wipe the benefical bacteria out in the filter.
Do you have any other tanks.
 
I have a small 10g-ish tank with air pump heater and filter. I was going to put most of my mature filter media in there and feed it small amounts of ammonia while I cleanse my main tank. Is that a good idea or do you recommend something else?
 
Thats fine as long as you can keep the media alive, you can also add flakes to keep the bacteria alive.
You will need a heater also as if the temp is to cold some of the bacteria will die off at first.
In the main tank you will need plenty of aeration as meds reduce 02 in the water.
Good luck.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top