Anyone kept kuhli loaches with shrimp?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have a fluval flex 15 and I’m going to take some cycled media and 5 mystery snails to add some waste for like 2 weeks or until my parameters are stable. I’m then going to order shrimp online. I might add 6 ottos I’m not sure yet. After like 1-2 months I want to add 8 Pygmy cories. I would then like to add maybe 6 cpds. Could I add 6 kuhli loaches? The tank on the bottom is 16x15.

Tank is too small for kuhlis. They need a larger footprint. Plus, you are already adding the pygmy cories.

Tank is too small for kuhlis. They need a larger footprint. Plus, you are already adding the pygmy cories.
Ok. The cories should do. Why do they need such a big tank if they aren’t that big? Ik they get like 3 inches but I thought they weren’t that active

Ok. The cories should do. Why do they need such a big tank if they aren’t that big? Ik they get like 3 inches but I thought they weren’t that active
they are active, just at night. And they do need a good footprint, as they can get closer to 4 inches long.

I started out, I had them in a 10g... big mistake. They constantly paced the glass and weren't happy at all.

Mine are now in a 46g and much, much relaxed and do their normal whacky thing.

should note, minimum for a group of 6 is a 20 gallon long. Bigger if you want to mix both cories and loaches.

But another note is mixing any other bottom dwellers with pygmy cories. Pygmies don't compete well with more boisterous bottom feeders.

they are active, just at night. And they do need a good footprint, as they can get closer to 4 inches long.

I started out, I had them in a 10g... big mistake. They constantly paced the glass and weren't happy at all.

Mine are now in a 46g and much, much relaxed and do their normal whacky thing.
O ok. Thanks then. Does my stocking sound good? I know all of the fish have very small bio loads.

id add:

10-15 pygmy cories-- 10 is minimal for the pygmies, theyre very shy and do best in larger groups.
6 ottos OR a school of micro schoolers like ember tetras or micro rasboras
3 honey gourami

Leave it at that

id add:

10-15 pygmy cories-- 10 is minimal for the pygmies, theyre very shy and do best in larger groups.
6 ottos OR a school of micro schoolers like ember tetras or micro rasboras
3 honey gourami

Leave it at that
How about 5 mystery snails, shrimp, 10 Pygmy cories, 6 ottos, 6 cpds?

How about 5 mystery snails, shrimp, 10 Pygmy cories, 6 ottos, 6 cpds?
id opt out of the mystery snails as they do got a pretty heavy bioload.

That, or keep the snails and ditch the otos and shrimp

id opt out of the mystery snails as they do got a pretty heavy bioload.

That, or keep the snails and ditch the otos and shrimp
The tank is going to be a shrimp tank with a few small fish. How would I be able to do 3 honey gourami instead of 6 cpds and a few snails? As far as I’m concerned the snails will have the highest bioload

That works better.

Just be warned they may eat any plants you decide to keep

The snails, mystery snails sometimes will, and sometimes mystery snails are really apple snails and WILL eat your plants no matter how well fed they are

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back