Anyone Into Serious Hobby Radio Control?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KeeperOfFishyPeace

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My cars:

nitro TC3

xxx-4 w/ lipo's and brushless

T-maxx w/ .26 picco

mini-t with 6800kv mamba

and mt2 with stock stuff :( lol want an O.S. tz .18 engine (hopefully soon)

so any of you have been bitten by the rc bug?

I used to have the Ofna hyper .21 1/8 buggy, fun car, i ruined it though... I had a nitro rustler too but I ruined it...

nitro? electric?

come on, what passionate r/c nut doesn't know the make of their car. sorry if i'm a bit critical...

Drive a Corally RDX, finished 8th in F1 of the 19t Nationals in the UK this year.
Much prefer my 7t though, 19t is soooo slow!

Drive a Corally RDX, finished 8th in F1 of the 19t Nationals in the UK this year.
Much prefer my 7t though, 19t is soooo slow!

Hi guys,

I RACE OFFROAD NITRO 1/8TH SCALE BUGGY AND TRUGGY. I ALSO RACE A DIRT OVAL NITRO SPRINT CAR. WHAT FUN THEY ARE!!!!!!! B)

MIKE

I had to sell my 3 tmaxx's. .24 engine, .21 picco, .18 os. The car with the .18 was about 90% alloy before i sold it :(

I have just trashed my Hpi savage 25, could not quite get used to 15ft jumps. :blink:

Used to have a Nitro MT with a twist...... I did the conversion to a .21 engine, went like a jack russle on speed but was too much power. Maybe I picked an engine with a touch too much torque aswell, i forget exactly but 3 years ago the engine set me back £110 was a OS .21 summit with a fancy purple twin port exhaust.

Was almost guarateed to shread a spur gear each run, had HD diffs all round and most stuff was purple annodised.

If I ever have spare cash I'm getting a FG monster truck, I almost had one on there first release but things happened.....I even have a carbon fibre radio tray I built myself for one!

excuse the crappy pics, only ones i have...

rc.JPG

rc%20(1).JPG

Its flying or nothing for me. Model planes at great speed sometimes even in control... is what I enjoy. Bigger ones with fuel engines, smaller with electric. Up to my local common, playing chicken with the rest of the boys, black bag at the ready.

Some excellent little electric helis on the market. Ideal for chasing the cat round the front room. Just need to learn how to land it now.

Good fun all round.

your MT sounds like it was a monster! yeah i was into it and still would be if my hyper 7 didnt go off and into a wall...anyways yeah FG monster trucks are great fun but i recon the stadium truck would handle better! used to also have a crappy thundertiger 2wd touring car but i traded it in s part exchange for a new hyper. however before i sold it it wasnt as crap as it was when i bought it...T-maxx chrome tuned exhaust system which i modded to fit, KnN ai filter oh and i also took off everthing plastic i could and replaced with metal parts. the end result was a 12 engine from hell....it had great acceleration and was the best at drifting but new tyres every 2 days wasnt cheap....used to race cars on the main road with it including boy racers! id waite o my drive way until one passed then chase it...oh the fun!

I run a electric Mardave mini in the carpark at work and a Nitro cen aqua jet boat in the sea, also building a 30" nitro cat. with a .46 marine engine at the moment.
Would love a nitro buggy next to run on the beach too :D

As a lad I built numerous tamiya: bigwig, hornet etc :)
Still bang into RC at 32 though !

Old thread, although i build my own cars from scratch using 0.21 engines and mainly futaba servos. i CNC components and use vacum form for UPVC body shells and i make my own exhaust using a lathe and aluminium rod

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back