Anyone have a fish with a tumor?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Galaxy79

Reaction score
I believe that's what this is, it has been growing rapidly. I'm not sure what to do with him. I have had him 7 years so I know that's pretty old for a yoyo loach. But its starting to look like its about to rip through the last layer of skin.

Attachments

• yoyo1.jpg
    yoyo1.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 186
  • yoyo2.jpg
    yoyo2.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 166
I have one with an iceberg tumor but looks nothing like this. Poor fish. It may be bacterial. What are your water parameters and how often do you change water? Is there a lump? For now, I would do a 75% water change daily. Order some API Furan-2 and Seachem Kanaplex. Use both as directed. Until then continue to do the daily water changes. You can possibly save him if you move quickly.

Last edited:
Maybe even carefully move him to a hospital tank so if it does burst it wont affect the other fish

If he’s in with other fish I would agree to move him. They may pick the site open otherwise. Good catch, JuiceBox52.

I have one with an iceberg tumor but looks nothing like this. Poor fish. It may be bacterial. What are your water parameters and how often do you change water? Is there a lump? For now, I would do a 75% water change daily. Order some API Furan-2 and Seachem Kanaplex. Use both as directed. Until then come continue to do the daily water changes. You can possibly save him if you move quickly.
Water tests are all good. This is a large red mass.

Water tests are all good. This is a large red mass.
Could you give us the numbers? Sometimes all good is not what it seems :)

Tumors are normally raised. If you do as I said above but move fast you can probably save it. Euthanizing is a decision that only you can make. I support whatever you choose. May I ask how long have you allowed it to go without treatment? How often do you ordinarily do water changes? This looks like the result of bad bacteria built up in dirty water.

Also, on the same note as above, what are your water parameters?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back