Anyone From Ethiopia?

M.R Otter

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I'll say it out quickly... Why won't people from Ethiopia eat duck eggs?
There is an Ethiopian woman that lives next to my house and asked me if she can have some eggs from my poultry, So I went to my backyard and collected some duck eggs then she yelled" NO!!" I told her that I'm collecting eggs like she wanted but she said that in Ethiopia they only eat CHICKEN eggs so I gave her some of those....
But why she won't take the duck eggs?
An answer would be interesting, and a huge thanks to who will answer. :hyper:

Why don't you refuse to give her some until she answers the question next time. Otherwise you'll set daffy on her...

do they even have ducks in Ethiopia?

Thanks for all the helpful answers guys :sad:
TBH I don't know what you were expecting. Very few of us are from Africa and those that are tend to live in SA. As said, why not ask her. If not, google your question and if you get no results then you'll know you are being to...picky with your question.

Carl

I actually googled it...it came up with nothing.

I googled it as well. No luck... I'm too shy to ask her since I don't know her at all, I didn't even seen before this. Ithink she's new around here.

Also, the implication that all people from Ethiopia don't eat duck eggs is tenuous at best. It very well could be just her family that doesn't eat them, or possibly the town she was from. All the ducks they kept 30 years ago may have developed a disease or something and the whole town stopped eating them in fear of the disease. Or maybe a great uncle of hers was allergic to duck eggs. Who knows. But my guess is that it isn't an entire nation that refuses to eat duck eggs.

So they do have ducks in Ethiopia?

A duck walks into a pharmacy, and asks for Chapstick. The cashier says, "Cash or check?" and the duck says, "Just put it on my bill."

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back