anyone ever use something like this in your palladium???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Magnum Man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I'm always thinking... & while I don't have any plans for a palladium any time soon, I do find natural slices of aqua interesting... & something like this drawing aquarium water out as part of the little land section might look kind of cool, & save a bunch of building...

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Polyresin are usually pretty safe in aquariums, But if it's painted in opposition of dyed, I wouldn't use it. I tried some stuff that was supposed to be safe and the paint started chipping a couple month later. Since then I always went for full natural.

I'm always thinking... & while I don't have any plans for a palladium any time soon, I do find natural slices of aqua interesting... & something like this drawing aquarium water out as part of the little land section might look kind of cool, & save a bunch of building...
I think that would work fine assuming all the materials are aquarium safe. Most little waterfalls like that have a submersible pump, so most likely you could just pop the whole thing in shallow water and turn it on, maybe gluing some mosses or other emergent plants to the ledges. Aesthetically, it would take some creativity to tie it in to the look of the whole tank...but practically, it should work just fine.

That would be a timesaver in getting a waterfall feature.

I have always entertained the idea of building a paludarium tank. Time has always been a deturant. Now I find myself enjoying my saltwater tank more than my freshwater...maybe something for the future.

Weather resistant resin is probably good. But they aren't giving it away, and that specific design just trickles. I'd keep the idea in mind and keep shopping. Ideally, I would want to see one to be sure. It's the tail end of garden centre clearout seasons around here.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back