Anyone Ever Ordered Tropica Plants Online From Dartford Aquatics?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nry

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I was having a search for online suppliers of Tropica plants and found Dartford Aquatics (http://www.dartfordaquatics.co.uk/fish.asp?page=1&fCat=8&fSub=).

Prices are good, delivery is no different to others, and they have a massive choice from the Tropica range. Has anyone ever used them for ordering Tropica plants online and if so would you recommend them?

If the quality is good and the plants haven't been in the shop for too long then the prices seem very good.

Sam

I ordered some HC when AE had sold out a while back. And although quality was good and price was cheap, i am certain that the plants weren't Tropica. The pots weren't the same as the tropica ones and there was no lable with them.

But what does it matter if they are Tropica or not if the actual plants are fine?

Hmm, they do advertise on the site:

"All plants on our website are Tropica plants."

I wonder if they have grown-on Tropica plants and then sell cutting etc?

I'm ordering something else aswell due to a superb price, so I'll try some rotala wallichii that AE don't have and need a minimum order of 5 to get some in. Time will tell! I'll certainly be asking them questions if it comes in a non-Tropica pot and no label, as I think it would be something akin to breaking the Trade Descriptions Act....

my experiance wasn't good, i seem to remember the website added vat even though the plants said vat inc. Then the plants said in stock but turned out they were not, so i waited for them to get in stock but they got wrong ones in. ended up getting a refund :(

Hmm, it didn't do that to me, prices stayed the same.

Time will tell, I ordered 1 pot of rotala wallichii and an Interpet PC T5 tube and starter. I'll post comments here when/if everything arrives :)

Just ordered some HC, which is apparently in stock. Lets see what happens

They also say most items are posted by 2pm the following day, so technically I should receive my stuff on Tuesday, Wednesday latest.....oh the wait!

Hehe. Lets see, thats all very well if you get the right stuff lol. I ordered my new light setup(not from dartford aquatics) last week only to be sent the wrong stuff and still waiting. Will hopefully come tommorrow, I am soooo impatient lol

Hmm, it didn't do that to me, prices stayed the same.

I have to admit this was about 6 months ago and i told them of the error, so they have had plenty of time to put right.

If I was not ordering the cheap lighting I would not have tried them at the moment. Even with the plants, I spent slightly less than it would have cost me to get the lights elsewhere. Time will tell!

Well, the first statement has gone, they have not dispatched anything today as my order is still listed as pending. I wonder if they are out of stock for the tube or starter, it does not list stock online for anything but fish and plants.....hmm.

Could also be that their ordering system doesn't update properly. I've seen sites in the past that say "pending" when I'm holding the item in my hands :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back