Anyone Ever Kept A Chicken.......

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

catherine896

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just wondering as my partners Dad has hatched a chick and its the only one, so he said we could have it. But what would it be like to have a house chicken?
I know my brother had one that got really tame once as it was injured and had to stay inside for a while, she then got so tame she would come in and cuddle down on the bed and lay her eggs!

I have always wanted a pet chicken that was really tame as I love them!

Anyone know anything about them as a house pet? I do have a garden but there are foxes and badgers out there...

Hmm, no all that mess doesnt seem like much fun atall!
Thanks for that :good:

I wish we could have some of ours indoors. Ours have started fighting. We have three that get beaten up and three that do the beating. We have to keep them separate and it's not much fun having to keep two lots of birds. I wish they'd knock it off but they won't and the "good girls" panic when they see the "bad girls" coming (we have to name both groups so we could communicate as to who should be let out first on each day), and the bad girls peck the shoot out of the good girls. They run when they see them, and start making weird noises, definitely some kind of distress noise :(

I have a feeling the bad girls won't be with us for much longer, it's so unfair. The good girls are so friendly, but the bad girls are the pretty ones (on account of no one having pecked all their feathers out),

Most reactions

Back