Anyone breeding anything???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Xxzsdrklakdfj

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey sup, Just checking to see if anyone in VA was breeding anything (not only because i may be interested)but because due to the Large selection of quality Africans being bred in or around the Tidewater area, us semi-breeders have grouped together in the TCBA(Tidewater Cichlid Breeding Association)

After talking awhile it was decided that individualy we were just a bunch of people breeding a few fish here and there but together we had a great selection, so we got a representitive to meet w/ various lfs's in the Tidewater area and no longer are we settling for credits of 1/3 1/4 of what they are going to be turned around and sold for.

As i turns out their is a rather high demand for good quality cichlids in the area and lfs's are willing to pay those in the TCBA cash at OUR set wholesale prices!!!This way we get wholesale prices in cash for our fish, and the lfs saves money from the expensive shipping charges so this way everybody wins.

So if there is anyone breeding,or is going to be breeding anything in the VA area get back to me with what you have and what you are breeding and I'll tell you all the details.

Thanks,
"letters"

Cool idea Letters!!!!

More hobbyists/breeders need to form these "coalitions" (oops did I say that). heehee!!

Really though it is about time someone get from the shops what their fish are worth.

Good going!!!!!!!!!

Excellent Idea!! I amnot a breader but that because I know that the LFS here doesnt even give that much store credit I know that cause I tried to sell them 18 Red empress about 5 years ago. After all I bought the colony there and they didnt have any at the time. They told me they would give me $20 dollars store credit. The fries were between 1-1,5 inches. They said they were too small. Maybe this was the case. I didnt have any experience. I just felt I was trying to be taken advantage of. After all I paid $80 for 1 male and 3 female.

I truly would recomend to anyone who does, or has ever bred anything to check around and find out exactly who in your area is breeding what. If you collectively have a good enough selection, take it to the stores!!!

You'd be supprised at not only how quickly all the lfs's were to treat the TCBA as they would any other wholesaler, but they were just as thrilled about the idea as we were. Apparently good quality fish are hard to come by at reasonable prices and they were more than happy to deal with our tank raised, selectively bred fish vs. massed produced pond raised fish who are fed foods with the main purpose of quick growth to sell them faster.

So all u semi-breeders out there don't settle for credit of 1/3-1/4 of what the store is gonna sell them for, check around and make your own TCBA cause now we sell at OUR set wholesale prices and get cash not credit!!!!

And anyone in VA get up with me for the details.
-"letters"

I'm breeding some gupps right now. I have a dark blue male (a beauty) 1 albino/Pastell yellow Female. And 1 Leopard print Yellow female.

Where is the Tidewater area. I live down in southern maryland and currently am breeding different cichlids.

First off what are you breeding???
At the moment i have:
about 20-30 F2 L.signatus
a holding M.johannii due any day now
and i believe i have another batch of kribensis

The tidewater are consists of like Hampton, Sufflolk, Norfolk, VA beach, and my hometown P-town(portsmouth)

but i mean if you can make like $100 it would still be worth the drive. But let me know what your breeding and i'll hit u up with the details

"letters"
BTW
e-mail address is:
[email protected]

Currently the fry I have are still small. I had a population explotion.
But the babies are:
F1 Thopheus macropthalmus 30+
F1 Melanochromis johanni 20+
Haplochromis hippo point salmon about 10
Lamprologus occellotus about 12

I'm hoping the albino kribs will begin breeding soon.
I also have other fish that just haven't got around to breeding yet.

Ya sounds like the type of fish we've been looking for.(most people want tangs and mbuna)but i noticed u said L.ocellatus I've really been looking for some ocellatus "golds" with no luck but if your interested i would trade for some(or buy)I have several things i need to get rid of to make room for some new additions:
large breeding pair of jewels
large pair of firemouths
2 breeding pairs of kribs
2 larger rams(great coloring)
a 5+in green severum
and fry wise
L. signatus
a holding M.johannii(u don't sound like u need these,lol)
I'm trying to breed some leleupi which are exhibiting breeding behavior
or i could pick u up some L.multifasciatus when i get mine this week.

I will add your fish to the coming soon list since your growing them out still.
"letters"

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back