Any1 know what these 2 plants r?

Fish Bound

Reaction score
Hello

I've had these two plants for a while now, I don't remember buying them LOL :D

I keep a log book of what I buy and put in in my tank, and note down weekly water changes, water test results etc.

Follow this link to see the two plants, one is like a spider plant, the other is like an anubias :unsure: I have noooo idea what they are.

http://fish.orbust.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9718

If anyone can help that would be fantastic

Thanks in advance :)

Unfortunately, the one that looks like a spider plant is a spider plant. I have MANY times seen chlorophytum (spiders) in fish shops, along with pilea, hemigraphis, syngonium, and other terrestrial plants. It won't hurt anything in your tank and surely looks nice, but don't beat yourself up when it eventually croaks on you. They're not suitable for a lifetime of complete submersion.

Thank you :)

I can't believe there is a spider plant in my tank ?!?!?

Oh :unsure: how very strange LOL

Now I know I shall get it out and stick it in a pot outside the tank.........just still can't think for the life of me how on earth it got in there though.

But many thanks for the ID of that one :) :)

I did the submerged spider plant thing.
It dropped all it's leaves and then sprouted more.It was living quite happily under water.There was another plant I did this with as well, cant remember what though.
Certain plants will grow terrestrial as well as aquatic. (first time I've ever seen a spider plant grow under water though).It was a spider plant, because we grow them,lol.I tried it again with another SP, and it didnt work, it just died. :blink:
Makes me wonder.....if given the right conditions,just what plants will grow where,LOL :fun: ....And and can we maybe graft terrestrial plants to aquatic?....and and omg....so many things! (drools stupidly)..hehe.
Where there's a will, there's a way man!....most times anyway,cause ive been willing winning the lottery and well. I'm still broke! hehe.

I actually started another thread a couple of weeks ago, asking if anybody knew what the effects of household fertilizers that might still be present in terrestrial plant clippings would be in the fish tank (not good, I assume)... and how many 'generations' of fertilizer-free clippings I'd need to go through before being assured safety. Mostly, I'm just curious to see what I could do with some of them in my tanks. (Yes Allnatural, I did read and appreciate your comments regarding keeping the planting in my tanks as natural as possible, but these aren't boston ferns I'm talking about. Rather, plants that I see offered for sale in the lfs :) ). As I said, I've seen quite a few terrestrial plants sold as aquatic plants in different pet stores. At the moment, I have a spider plant growing partially submerged in a jar of water.... it's currently blooming, so I'm hoping that if I continue to raise a few generations of them without dirt, I may end up with a plant that doesn't mind being in a fish tank!

Thats a good idea, kinda like "training" the plants to grow under water.

I accidentally bought several plants that arent true aquatic. But they werent't tagged, and now, I found a petstore(Just across the street from the sucky one) and they have great selections, and know what they are doing! Thats where I got plants from florida(which are tagged, along with light requirements). Thats where I got my true siamese algae eater, too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back