Any Snake Keepers On The Forum?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

snake007

Me encanta cíclidos
Reaction score
Just wondering if there was any snake keepers on the forum besides me?

Not got any myself, but I work at a exotics shop which is full of them :)

I have a friend that breeds them he has 21 snakes plus 6 baby ball pythons and 4 corn snake eggs. I personally like his pastel corn snake.

I do as does Simonas though i think you know that lol :good:

I was going to say Simonas too, don't know of any others.
Paradise<3's girlfriend has one, don't know if that counts

Never, ever, EVER.

Could never sleep if one was in the house.

Yeah I know you have one MBOU and I knew Simonas has one.
My snakes vivarium is right next to my bed Micko lol, must freak you out.
A big boa constrictor next to your bed.
Well my next snake is going to be an Albino Burmese Python.

Bah.. Burms are boring... they get huge and sit in a viv taking up loads of space to sit curled up looking like a golden poo :p

When i lived with my housemate we had 2 big common boas, thai beauty, dumerils, blu beauty, kenyan sand boa, milk snakes, king snakes, corn snakes, royal pythons and i cant remember what other millionsof species we have.

Im at her house now and tonight i'll be sleeping in the 'snake room' with an 11ft Rock Python called Steve huffing and hissing right by my head. Not to mention the other 20 odd snakes, parrot, pygmy hedgehog and bosc monitor and tarantulas lol :good:

Lol wow i'm impressed.Even I would be a bit worried sleeping with a rock python.Burms are great! just not really active.You can say the same for royals, they do nothing just sit there in a ball.

I've got a young anery corn snake myself. Looking into breeding her in the next couple years when she's old/big enough.

I hate snakes so much, they horrify me.

Even my bichir creeps me out a little :blink:

Now at snakes my OH seems to draw the line.

Shame really.

It always amazes me how many people are scared just at the idea of something. It's not even a phobia as such as they have never really had contact with a snake and yet see them all as 'big and dangerous'.

People make excuses for not liking snakes to justify a fear that even they know is irrational.

I have done and helped out at loads of talks with snakes and the kids are fine! It's the adults that are loud and screachy and 'terrified' and make the kids panic. People always ask us if the snake can kill them!? For a start... It's a foot long... Much smaller than you... And secondly... How mad do you think we are???? Why would we bring venomous snakes to be poked and prodded by kids!?

My favourite on is the question "is it poisonous?" to which my reply is ALWAYS "well... I'd rather you didn't eat my snake to find out!" poison has to be ingested via the mouth and airways. Into the bloodstream it's venom. You can get venomous snakes... But as much as I dislike children... I wouldn't wish them on a poor venomous snake!

People assume snakes will be cold and damp... Slimy even... They aren't! They may feel cool to the touch.. They are cold blooded but they take on the warmth of the person handling them and so you don't notice them feeling cold and certainly not damp or slimy! If anything they are warm, dry, smooth and shiny or bobbly scaled ands very muscley And strong.

And to b honest... If it's less than about 22ft long... It can't eat you and won't try.

Snakes are amazing creatures and vary so much! Long and short, fat and thin, climbers and the lazy ones, brown or insane colours. Something for everyone.

Are you guilty of irrational feelings of fear?

I know my fear of snakes is irrational, and so is my fear of spiders, but they still scare the crap out of me :blink:

Never, ever, EVER.

Could never sleep if one was in the house.

thats what my husband said................so i fostered one for a local rescue, i had a pieceful weeks sleep of no snoreing :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back