Any Small External Filters?

Nick Bramley

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
200
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Nottingham, UK
I have a 30l corner aquarium and just wondered if there was any external filters out there that would be suitable for it as I want more room inside the tank?

Have been told the Eden 501 would be suitable, anybody had any experience with this filter?

Would appreciate any help

Nick
 
Used Eden 501 on my 60l tank and worked well. you have to keep the filter at the same level as the tank as the pump is not that strong, but gives a good flow when used with spray bar. the filter has 2 compartments of which one is occupied by the sponge. the other compartment can be filled with bio rings and if needed additional filter media such as carbon or phos zorb etc.
If you can't put the filter at the same level I suggest you look at a small ehiem classic canister filter as these have stronger pumps to allow them to be placed below the tank, although you will need to fit taps to control the flow.
 
I use a tetratec EX600, nice filter, keeps my 60L crystal clear
 
personaly i would go for an e-hiem...i use them on all my tanks
 
I'll probably start the old Eheim/Fluval debate again here but you cannot get better than the old Eheim classic range.
Go for a bog standard 2213 and buy the double taps for the intake and pressure sides. Will serve you for years.
Regards
BigC
 

Most reactions

Back
Top