Any Real Risk?

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
8,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So because the tank I ordered online hasnt arrived yet and the shrimp I ordered are coming a week early, I have had to run out and get a temporary tank for them. I picked up an elite 21 in PURPLE :lol: (21 litres) - you know those ridiculously small goldfish tanks - but its plastic. Got a filter etc but the guys in the LFS didnt want to sell me a heater for it, something about it cracking with heat!

After assuring them it was only temporary, they sold me a 50W for it - nothing smaller available.

Is there any real problem with this, I mean the heater isnt even touching the sides of the tank, not set high, only on 24, personally I dont see a problem, just wondering if anyone has done this and had any trouble?
 
hia minx, we have one on a very similar ( infact it may be a litre or 2 smaller) tank, its fine with 2 platys in and never had any issues with the heater and the plastic ( its also 50w)- been setup about 4 months+
hope that helps :)
shelagh xxx
 
Great thanks Shelagh, its amazing you know, you can walk out of that fish shop with any fish you want, no questions asked, but ask to buy a heater with a plastic tank ............. :rolleyes:
 
The suction cups should keep it away from the plastic so there should be no trouble. It's not like you're boiling water in there!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top