Any Ray Keepers On Forum- Got One Tonight

He looks awesome up on the glass like that!

Good luck swapping out the gravel, reminds me of when I changed from play sand to black gravel on my 5ft *shudder*

cheers :good:

Thats a job for tomorrow morningme thinks lol

Easier to go from big gravel to sand than vice versa, sand is a pain to get out!!! But then again... easier to siphon out...

I ment to say, your ray is stunning! I love his markings!!! He is a pretty boy!

If I;m right as well Steve Irwin was just unlucky cos the ray pierced his heart with the spike as opposed to stinging him??

Either way I think what happened was inevitable - long live real naturalists who actually like to see nature from a safe and non-interfering distance and seeing WILD ANIMALS act as they should :good:

Anyway, would love to see some piccies of the ray! Was it from a private dealer?

Have to agree...anyone who grabs an animal by the tail for 'good tv' was gonna get it in the end!!!!!

Beautiful ray you have there :good:

Good luck with changing the substrate :blink: ....look forward to lots more pics and up-dates!

Lisa x

i've got 4 freshwater rays (3 reticulata and 1 motoro) mine eat mostly night crawlers and then market shrimp and prawn. if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

i've got 4 freshwater rays (3 reticulata and 1 motoro) mine eat mostly night crawlers and then market shrimp and prawn. if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

cheers pm sent :good:

woops forgot to look back in, looks stunning mate, getting on ok with the oscars?
hope all goes well with it mate :good:

cheers pal

they;re getting on fine although I;m keeping a close eye, the only issues I;ve had s with the 4 reedfish who all had a nibble at him and kept doing it, I removed them straight away and put them in a diffrent tank. I;ll have a go at reintroducing them but if they do it again I;ll have to advertise them which will pain me as they are massiv now and look really impressive

phew!!!!

got most of the gravel out added a load of sand and did a water change at same time before adding the heater guard!!!!

removed some of the clutter and the tank now looks a load more ray friendly!!!

Hooray :D Now it means we need tonnes more photos!!!! LOL

yep new pics please! and good look reintroducing the reeds.

He is stunning :good: Glad to hear the gravel/sand change went well, I bet that was a job & a half!

Look forward to seeing more pics & hearing how you get on with him

a couple more pics tonight... still need to take out the last bits of gravel and I;m winding down a tank with sand in so I;ll use that toadd a deeper layer
The ray bures in the sand a fair bit so often is covered in sand#

001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

012-3.jpg

013-3.jpg

015-3.jpg

016-2.jpg

017-4.jpg

018-5.jpg

011-2.jpg

You have some lovely fish there, that ray looks so cute burried in the sand and the fire eel is a stunner.

he is beautiful & your eel is a stunner. The ray is my 'one day' fish, eventually I would love a pair in a monster tank, will be a good while till I can afford it & have room for it though.

Most reactions

Back