"any Info Would Be Greatfully Appreciated"

tonilee7

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi. I have been breeding live bearers for some time now but I have decided that I would like to have a go at neon tetras, I have done everything they tell you to do but still no eggs or babies.

So..........what should I do should I seperate the male and female (for instance should I place him in a breed net in the same tank) or should I just keep waiting.

The water temp and levels are as they say they have to be and I have the tank quite dark and then in the mornings I let the direct sunlight in but still nothing.

Please anyone who has an idea please respond any ideas will be good someone out there has to know what I'm doing wrong!!

Hi. I have been breeding live bearers for some time now but I have decided that I would like to have a go at neon tetras, I have done everything they tell you to do but still no eggs or babies.

So..........what should I do should I seperate the male and female (for instance should I place him in a breed net in the same tank) or should I just keep waiting.

The water temp and levels are as they say they have to be and I have the tank quite dark and then in the mornings I let the direct sunlight in but still nothing.

Please anyone who has an idea please respond any ideas will be good someone out there has to know what I'm doing wrong!!

They are supposed to be quite difficult to breed, so it may not work whatever you do. Have you got exactly the right ph? I believe they are fussy about this (would never work in one of my tanks, I know that for sure). Have you conditioned them with lots of live foods?

i have been keeping 4 different types of tetra in my tank for some time and i have succefully raised 10 fry although i was not trying to sex them!
result :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back