Any Good?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

minnnt

Fish Expert
Reaction score
Just wondering what peoples thoughts on this was? co2 set.

Can't be bothered with buying each piece individual.

Also, once this was used up, can i switch to a FE and what is needed for me to do this? Thanks.

I was looking at that one but the only thing that put me off was the size of the bottle, but thats just me being lazy not wanting to buy new bottles once they run out, apart from that its got everything you need.

Buy it Minnnt buy it :D

Have you looked on aquarist classifieds? You can get a fe set up for half that money.

Thanks, will have a look now... There is non near me i know that, so would need them to offer postage.

Cheers Livewire, If i do go with it what do i need to swap to a FE when it's empty? Any new regulators/attatchments?

Well I'd find one without the fe so postage would be cheap then get a co2 fe on eBay I have 3 just from my old job in the garage I just can't be bothered to get the other bits needed.

Any chance you could have a look and post me a link as i can't seem to find one. :lol:

My FE would be from work too... lol.

I think you need an adapter to fit this set to a fire extinguisher. The bottles are inexpensive though as replacements can be bought from halfords in the form of welding CO2, but if you can get an FE then you may as well go for that.

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail59_207845.php

tell them you don't want the extinguisher and they can post it, £50 sorted dude.

Oh and get to spec savers lol

course it would help if that link was in stock
rolleyes.gif

The set in the original post is the one that I have and I think it is excellent - typical of the quality that you would expect from D-D.

The only thing that I would say is that the diffused wasn't much use on a larger tank (350l)so I replaced it with something more effective - although it may be just fine on a smaller tank.

You can also buy an adaptor to attach it to re-fillable type bottles

HTH

I went with this:

tunze reactor

the diffuser included in the kit also incorporates a bubble counter so if you replace it you will need a new one:

I Like these

But I have also heard good reviews of these:

atomiser

If you don't want the extra equipment in the tank and don't mind the bubbles.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would just keep an eye out on ebay for a jbl kit, I got one complete for £75 and have since got two 2kg jbl bottles for £10 each. Be patient something always comes round.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back