Any Good Online Stores For Fish In The Us?

For harder to find species I perfer Aquabid.com, franksaquarium.com has cool stuff. Same with Anubisdesign<- can get you basically anything available if enough people want it. But AD isn't setup like a store, it functions mainly as a yahoo group. He sends out list of all the fish available from the various exporters, you let him know what you want. Those items in the most demand get ordered. The thing w/ buying online is shipping costs, look to pay $15-40 for shipping depending how much you get.

Lots of stuff available from the Minnesota Aquarium Society too. Also again w/ shipping its not too hard to find at least one person to order w/ in the club. You combine the order of multiple people and split shipping. Also since most live in the cities its possible to ship airport to airport someone can pick up the fish at the terminal. Usually that's only done w/ big orders though.

FHM there's a auction on the 24th, heres a link . I am most likely going, I've got stuff I need to get rid of. You should go if you can make it!
 
Thanks a lot for showing me that link! What time is the auction at? I have to work to 5 pm that day, but I can make some changes if needed!

Thanks again!

-FHM
 
Viewing starts at 10am and the auction starts at 11am and goes until everything's gone. Last year I was there for 8 hours! Was tons of fun though and all the best deals come towards the end since a lot of people are gone by then.
 
You will always do well at a fish club sponsored auction and have fun at the same time. Are you both members of Minnesota Aquarium Society?

I wasn't aware of this auction so I'll put it on the forum calender on the index page. There's another auction coming up in Wisconsin too.

http://www.gbasonline.org/2009%20Auction
 
Viewing starts at 10am and the auction starts at 11am and goes until everything's gone. Last year I was there for 8 hours! Was tons of fun though and all the best deals come towards the end since a lot of people are gone by then.
Awesome! I will definitely try to get out there!

-FHM
 
You will always do well at a fish club sponsored auction and have fun at the same time. Are you both members of Minnesota Aquarium Society?

I wasn't aware of this auction so I'll put it on the forum calender on the index page. There's another auction coming up in Wisconsin too.

[URL="http://www.gbasonline.org/2009%20Auction"]http://www.gbasonline.org/2009%20Auction[/URL]

I've been a member for a while. Only manage to make it to auctions and fish shows really :/ . Its hard to get to monthly meeting which are always on weeknights in the middle of winter 40min away. I made one last year, it was great if a little long. The speaker was way out of state, from TN if I remember right. He brought a bunch of odd/rare wild strain SA livebearers that were bought by club members. Pygmy swords and lots of others I'd never seen before. I will be looking for some of their offspring at the auction.
 
I haven't made it to any of their auctions/meetings yet, but I am hoping to make it to this auction. I am going to try to get off of work early!

-FHM
 
I know what you mean, Mikaila31. :) It's too bad so many people run into distance problems. I'd sure like to see more aquarium clubs start up. It's one great way to get fish that aren't available in lfs or often even online very often.

Please let me know about your club's activities when you learn of them and let them know about our new club section too. Every club and club member is welcome to promote their meetings and other activities in there. It might help to get more people interested in the club scene too. :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top