Any Good Books On Marine/reef Tanks?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kmore1994

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Im new to the whole saltwater community and plan when I move back into my house to start a saltwater tank (currently in college in an apartment). Since I've got quite some time to go until I officially start my tank I want the chance to read up on as much about maintaining a tank as possible. If anyone has any suggestions out there I would greatly appreciate it. 

I've done a lot of reading on marine tanks and reef keeping but most if it has been online since I couldn't find many books that where up to date on everything. The salwater aquarium care has come so far in just the last 5 years alone any books before that seem to not be up to speed. I'm not saying they don't have good information and you certanly can learn from anything you read but I found it far more helpful to read forums and online care and tips. There is a lot of great stuff out there in YouTube videos online blogs and other such places so I strongly suggest reading more online then off. Anyways hope to see you start a journal here when it comes time for you to set up your tank and always feel free to ask questions :)

I'm also also deep into my own learning curve, and thanks to the great inter-library service of Denmark, I have access to loads of books.

So far I truly loved Bob Fenner's The conscientious marine aquarist : a commonsense handbook for successful saltwater hobbyists.

Also really good the small What fish? A buyer's guide to reef fish by Phil Hunt.

Have fun!

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner is a very well written and informative book.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back