Any Eheim 2078 Owners Please Look In

bullheaduk

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Middlesbrough, North East UK
I just bought an eheim pro 3e 2078 external filter for my 240 litre tank, and am having trouble.
I did buy the eheim installation kits 1 and 2 to replace the crappy green intake and output tubing. Thats the only thing different. After setting it all up as per the instructions i switched it on.
It starts the auto bleeding of the air. The intake hose fills (was hours trying to get this done itself), then the output hose fills but not fully. The water gets to around three quarters full then stops. It's nowhere near the maximum delivery head height of 2.6 metres, so it's not that causing the problem.
I could hear it trying to bleed the air still so i left it for 40 mins and still the same. The water level hadn't moved. Surely it doesn't take that long to bleed off any trapped air.
It's doing my head in. All connections are tight. There's a bit of slack in the hoses, but not much.

I tried contacting the online shop where i bought it and have emailed eheim in germany, but no reply off either yet (emailed them monday night)I would be grateful for any idea's or advice.
 
I just bought an eheim pro 3e 2078 external filter for my 240 litre tank, and am having trouble.
I did buy the eheim installation kits 1 and 2 to replace the crappy green intake and output tubing. Thats the only thing different. After setting it all up as per the instructions i switched it on.
It starts the auto bleeding of the air. The intake hose fills (was hours trying to get this done itself), then the output hose fills but not fully. The water gets to around three quarters full then stops. It's nowhere near the maximum delivery head height of 2.6 metres, so it's not that causing the problem.
I could hear it trying to bleed the air still so i left it for 40 mins and still the same. The water level hadn't moved. Surely it doesn't take that long to bleed off any trapped air.
It's doing my head in. All connections are tight. There's a bit of slack in the hoses, but not much.

I tried contacting the online shop where i bought it and have emailed eheim in germany, but no reply off either yet (emailed them monday night)I would be grateful for any idea's or advice.

Just take the outlet pipe off and give it a sharp suck that should get the water flowing. I don't have the 2078 I have the 2073 and that has a priming pump, if you have one use that if not a sharp suck should do it. :good:

Mike
 
I have shortened the hoses as much as possible, with no joy.
I replaced the instalation kit with the original piping and no luck there either. Now water in not going down the intake at all, so no water in the filter.

I have only read of one other person having similar trouble, and he had something stuck in the intake. otherwise it has rave reviews so why me lol.
I am a my wits end. I feel like throwing the thing threw the window.
 
You need to check the impeller in the pump is definitely turning...it sounds like it may be stuck/broke or as daft as it sounds the fuse could br away? You'll probably find that when you primed the pump and the outlet filled up to a certain point it was level with the water level in the tank, which would happen if the intake was primed but the pump itself wasn't "pumping" so the water just found it's natural level.
 
I trid sucking on the output pipe as suggested (and supplier suggested the same) but all i got was a strong resistance. It was as though something was blocked. Hoses were open so no idea why i got a any resistance. The water was a very slow trickle down the intake hose. Tried again later and was the same. I thought i would plug the filter in to see what happened and it blew in the main fuse box. No electricity downstairs. Only needed resetting but why did it blow.
The plot thickens. Things are going from bad to worse.
I'm wary of trying again in case i do some serious damage now. Will ring the supplier tomorrow to see what they say.
 
There's nothing wrong with your Inlet/Outlet hoses, you've defo a problem with your pump. A blockage in the hoses would not blow a trip, anyway we knew that there was no blockages because the water came through earlier. Either something is stuck in the motor or impeller (I'm not familiar with the actual set up) or you have a fault in the motor itself.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top