Any 54 Litre Tank Pics?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Your piece of wood looks like a sea urchin! - I thought that was pretty cool :p

Sometimes it's hard to find inspiration, I usually start with looking at what plants I like, and what I can look after with the equipment I have. Once I get images of plants, I'll stare at the tank for hours and hours. 

You've got some real nice pieces of wood to work with though. Just get your hand in there and start experimenting!

Ok so I've treated myself to some plants today as its my birthday! :) 34 years young ha ha! What do you think?
image-2_zpsb22abc3e.jpg

The pic doesn't actually do it justice.
Now I wish I bought double the plants, they are so nice and fish love them :)

The plants look super healthy, it all looks great. But the sea urchin is gone!! :p

Another piece of bogwood added with two large Anubias attached with fishing line:
image-2_zpsf77b1075.jpg

image-2_zps67ac27f3.jpg

Gidge said:
The plants look super healthy, it all looks great. But the sea urchin is gone!! :p
Lol the sea urchin is now in my big tank, photos pending but it's my project for tonight ;)

Looking great! Big BIG fan of Anubias. Why don't you try spreading the plants along the back out? So it covers majority of the length of the tank. Just a suggestion :)

Hmm, wasn't sure on them being in the direct flow of the filter though, wouldn't that upset them?

Eight Week Old 60 Litre

image_zpsa42bf8c0.jpg

image_zps36c440f3.jpg

little cloudy due to water change.
Ha. also tonight just spotted three (so far) baby red cherry shrimp!!! excited!!!

Brilliant news on the baby shrimp :D

Tank is looking good, I would fill it all the way to where the black of the lid comes too though, gives your fish that extra bit of water :)

Shelster said:
Brilliant news on the baby shrimp :DTank is looking good, I would fill it all the way to where the black of the lid comes too though, gives your fish that extra bit of water :)
Thanks Shelster, water is usually a touch higher, took a little extra out with the syphon and didn't replace it. Will top it up tonight.

stubzy said:
my new work in progress : http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/658/iwagumimountainscapeunp.jpg55 ltr iwagumiplants are arriving tomorrow. HC, dwarf hairgrass and 1 raja
Liking the hill / slanted substrate effect, Stubzy. be good to see how it progresses.

image_zpsd7171204.jpg

my seven cardinal tetras.

I think you must of stolen my neon tetras! They look identical!!! :eek:

Been trying out some sand:
image-2_zpsc50698ec.jpg

I would have liked to of gone all sand but time didn't allow.

Here is my bamboo boy!

image-2_zps3efd91ba.jpg

I like the black sand.  I think that would look good over all your tank.
Also love the tree-shaped bogwood, it looks almost like a figure dancing. 
Plants look good, I like that anubias too!  I wasn't going to get one originally but I think my tank needs one!

Forgot to ask - where did you buy your black sand?

Ha ha it does doesn't it?!

I bought it with a tank I purchased from a member on here with the Anubias attached - they are growing quite well.
I've also got a larger one with a flower!! :D

image-2_zps51f87807.jpg

I bought mine from a lfs I know MA also sell it.

I used it in my betta tank, when I cleaned him today I was really pleased with the substrate :) so can recommend.

Most reactions

Back