Any 54 Litre Tank Pics?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Shelster

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 54 litre tank that they wouldn't mind sharing a pic of on this feed.

I am getting fed up with trying to get mine looking good.

Inspiration please :)

I've just completed weekly maintenance on mine so will post a pic when it's all settled down.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I actually finished setting up my 55L tank today and would be more than happy to show a pic.

8539080316_c287ec4043_z.jpg

Heh it's a bit cloudy cause I just filled it up, should settle in a couple days.  

Mind you this is a totally fresh tank, nothing was in it before and bought everything relatively recently so nothing has had time to establish itself so may look a bit bare for a few months haha. But yeah, the look I am going for is a creek/river bed, on the drift wood I have tied on Erect Moss, I have Java Moss tied down onto a couple pieces of slate on the substrate and I have a few grasses planted in the back near the return pipe.

The plants don't look like much atm but give them a few months of plant food and Co2 and they should look amazing (fingers crossed)
So yeah, with the layout I found that river/creek beds usually have the grasses toward the side or back walls and the main piece on one side, with the middle clear. I find it effective other might not, it's totally up to you and what kind of theme or image you want.

I hope I have helped you get some imspiration
smile.png

PS. Also I will be posting progressive photos on my tank until it reaches the image I initially wanted

Wow lovely tanks, thanks guys!

Just realised I haven't posted the link for mine! http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u577/Shelster8/image-2_zps8064cf65.jpg

Hope the link works.

Please let me know what you think - too crowded? Too cramped? Suggestions on moving things about?
I have a black backing to put on it also.

Clearwaters, how to you keep control of the elodea? I have it in my 180 litre and its always spouting roots and looking a bit tatty it's constant maintenance - yours looks really good. I do like planted tanks but need to get flow rates and ferts sorted - am having advice on this.

Albert shipman - looking good, are you sticking to your shoal of neons or adding some more fish later?

Taurine little - thanks for your post too, it's going to look great when the plants grow.
Have you decided on fish yet?

Like you say just maintenance , every second day just cut it back, and sometimes bunch the cut offs in at the bottom, keeps it nice and thick for shrimp to hide in.

Yes, you certainly get lots of plant for your money with elodea providing you keep on top of it.
I end up throwing a lot away as run out of room for replanting.

Ye I move any big cutting from small tank to bunches it bigger tank as well from time to time.

Yeah I'm putting all my fish that were in my 40L in there and keeping my 40L as a shrimp nano planted tank.
So 55L stocking is 5 male guppies, 8 neon tetra and 1 Pterygoplichthys Parnaibae Catfish.
In a few months I will be getting a much bigger tank to move the catfish into before he grows
tongue2.gif
atm he is only a couple inches 

Sorry as sure this question has been asked, but when wanting to attach a photograph to your post, what is the best way of doing so. tried photobucket above but only seems to be giving me the link, not an embedded photo in my post?...

Shelster, love your piece of wood on the righ hand side. Hope your fish enjoy it as it looks like fun to be had swimming in and around it.

Not sure about future stocking. Very content at the moment. Will probably leave for 3 - 4 weeks, not sure then wheather to add another cple cardinals, or... been getting very interested in the neon green rasboras, don't know enough about them yet to see if they'd be suitable.

AlbertShipman said:
Sorry as sure this question has been asked, but when wanting to attach a photograph to your post, what is the best way of doing so. tried photobucket above but only seems to be giving me the link, not an embedded photo in my post?...
Have you got iPhone or iPad ? If so you can get the photobucket app

See the IMG code at the right hand side? Just copy it and paste in your post?
C38B8D65-C0E4-4428-8438-2C80CE0A9506-4126-000005CB7D18DBEC_zps12bb451c.jpg

I was looking to get the app but read bad reviews, think ill try it now.
Does look good with your cardinals.

I do have some neon greens in my 54 litre although I need to reduce stock when they grow - ill move them up to my 180 litre.
They are lovely in a shoal.

image-2_zps8064cf65.jpg

Yay thanks Clearwaters!
Can you watch videos posted on this site via iPad? I used to be able to, but not for the past month.
Not sure whether its to do with the recent site updates or whether I can only watch ones posted via YouTube.

Most reactions

Back