Another shrimp situation

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gale

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a female that has been carrying eggs for a few days. Today I noticed some of the eggs had come out of her and were dragging around and she looked like she was trying to stuff them back in with no luck. Finally they fell off of her and she went back to them a few times trying to get them back in. Is any of this normal? I know they carry the eggs on their underside but do they carry them for a while and then they fall out or do they hatch inside them? :huh:

btw I know the babies, if they even hatch, probably won't survive.

Gale, I have 2 ghost shrimp and one of them has been carrying eggs since I got them, about 3 weeks ago. They are green which someone said meant they were unfertilized. They said they were pink when they had been fertilized. I assume that means the other one is a female too. I don't guess it hurts her or anything. I guess I need to buy a couple more in hopes of getting a male.

rdd1952 said:
Gale, I have 2 ghost shrimp and one of them has been carrying eggs since I got them, about 3 weeks ago. They are green which someone said meant they were unfertilized. They said they were pink when they had been fertilized. I assume that means the other one is a female too. I don't guess it hurts her or anything. I guess I need to buy a couple more in hopes of getting a male.
Thanks for the info. Her eggs are all green so I guess the fact that they're falling out is not a big deal in the long run. I sure hate to see her all frantic with them though. She's still eating ok though, but she's kind of white.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back