Hi Guys,
Ive been reading a few posts on filter media and still have some questions..
The importance of the media and how it houses your bacteria are very clear to me but the changing of media is still not so clear..
When I kept fish in the psat I never changed my foam sponges that I had at the time all i did was swill them in the tank water as I did a change if they looked real dirty and clogged looking but this didnt happen much..
I now have an external fluval 305 I think it is and I have a built in Juwel 180 filter with foam media..
The external has the white ceramic cones inside and Im not to clear if this ever needs replacing?
The internal has the foam and to be honest its quite tough looking foam? and appears it would last for month and months or longer?
Do I need to replace the media or will a swill in the old water b4 I chuck the water during a water change be good enough? Do I just need to change it cause the LFS want to sell more?
Whoops. I just noticed Ive posted in the wrong forum this was supposed to go to the newbies forum.. sorry..
Thanks again
Tag
Ive been reading a few posts on filter media and still have some questions..
The importance of the media and how it houses your bacteria are very clear to me but the changing of media is still not so clear..
When I kept fish in the psat I never changed my foam sponges that I had at the time all i did was swill them in the tank water as I did a change if they looked real dirty and clogged looking but this didnt happen much..
I now have an external fluval 305 I think it is and I have a built in Juwel 180 filter with foam media..
The external has the white ceramic cones inside and Im not to clear if this ever needs replacing?
The internal has the foam and to be honest its quite tough looking foam? and appears it would last for month and months or longer?
Do I need to replace the media or will a swill in the old water b4 I chuck the water during a water change be good enough? Do I just need to change it cause the LFS want to sell more?
Whoops. I just noticed Ive posted in the wrong forum this was supposed to go to the newbies forum.. sorry..
Thanks again
Tag







