Angle Fish Spawning, But I Don't Want The Eggs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cambojnr

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So with in the last hour our so a pair from my 6 Angels have started breeding and have laid a load of eggs on my driftwood I the middle of the tank, and become very aggresive towards my other fish. The thing is though that I do not want any fry and was wondering what is the best way to get rid of the eggs, should I just scrape/suck the out, our knock scrape the, off on to the ground to be eaten by the tetras and corys, any advice?
image.jpg

Remove the eggs (Can lift the whole piece of driftwood out and scrub them off. )

Just be prepared, now that they started this is going to be a reoccurring thing. I had a pair that would spawn every 7-10 days

Dropping the temperature in the tank can slow down, even stop, breeding. I used to do it with the ones i had that were in a community tank.

Chances are the eggs/fry will get eaten anyway

Mine must have been particularly frisky then lol...Diablo and Bunny bred like....(well, excuse the pun), rabbits!  No matter what I did lol. 

Alasse, I've read and found that a drop in temperature and then slowly bringing the temp back up will actually cause them to spawn because you are simulating rainy season.

when the eggs hatch and start to be free swimming all will die don't worry. They will become food and others will starve. 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back