angels

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pebbles

Fishaholic
Reaction score
have just spent ages trying to find out on the net and previous topics. so i thought i would run this pass you all .is this a possibility,i obviously have my reservations as everything seems to point to having more than one.i have a n aquarium which is six sided, 18 inches high, 16 inches diameter, 10 gallons i think , small i know but i know angels need height, could i keep one angel in here with maybe something small [but not small enough to eat]. thanks pebbles

No Angel fish get too large,a tank that size would only be suitable for something like a single siamese fighter (betta) a couple of dwarf puffers or any other small fish that dosent require much swimming room (i just cant think of any at the moment).

Hi pebbles

Dito what CFC said.

The angel fwould be ok for a short while, but would need to be moved very quickly to a larger home.

i have a 24 inch long tank currently in use by a prolific molly and her first brood , more to come i think, as soon as all the babes can be moved on to the lfs, it could live in there , would that be big enough? and would an angel be happy without one of its own kind? i was thinking maybe with some corycats . pebbles

I personally wouldnt keep angel fish in a tank less than 40" long (around 30 gallons),they get bigger than many people realise and being a cichlid can be very territorial.I dont know how they are at being kept alone,i have always kept them in pairs in the past but had to give away my last pair because they were breeding too much and geting themselves torn to bits trying to protect the eggs.Dolphin will be able to tell you or CM may be along soon.

there are other fish that look as cool as angels but are much smaller id say a barb has a similar shape and dwarf cichlids are also very cool some dwarf puffers are good to but need to be in a speicies tank. you could try betas or ... allmost anything just angels are not really good in anything less than the size of the tank mensioned them and ... oscars... oh yea and discus but thats about it for now

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back