Angelfish

kelseybelsey1013

New Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2008
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Anyone know what I need to look out for?
Prefered alkalinity?
pH?
Ammonia of 0.25, will they make it through the night?!
 
Domestic angels, the ones found in most any lfs, will acclimate to a wide hardness & pH range, the most important thing is to keep it constant. Any ammonia is bad, with .25 I would be doing a water change.

If you want good angels, or any fish really, find a local breeder. These fish will be acclimated to your tap water, having been bred in the same water.
 
Thing is, I just did a water change. And I don't want to get all of my bacteria out..
And it was my second today! It was like 60-75%!!!
 
What conditioner are you using for your water ? I recommend Prime as it turns the ammonia into a less toxic form. Have you tested the tap water ? Mine has ammonia in it. What is the PH ?
 
Your water contains no beneficial bacteria, your filter media does. I do daily 80% water changes on fry for the first week or two, and have no cycling problems due to a mature filter.
 
Mhmm, the filter holds the major amount of bacteria. Gravel holds just a little. Local bred Angels are way better. I have never sucsessfully gotten angels from petsmart w/o them dying, but i get mine from superpets( lfs) and they are geat angels.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top