Angelfish Popeye Treatment Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fingers crossed buddy he's on the mend now.

Keith.

Thanks Keith.

I've been slacking off with keeping this up to date, sorry about that. Anyway, he's still in isolation and I'm still doing the water changes. I've not used any other meds or salts. His eye is looking loads better now, almost back to normal but not quite. The bad news is that the hith just won't go away. I'm thinking that next weekend I might put him back in the main tank. His appetite is back to normal too which is great.

img0533sg.jpg

hith wont be cleared with just clean water. It is caused either by anaerobic bacterial infection (its a specific species but i forget the name) or from vitamin deficiency. I would highly suggest getting some liquid baby vitamins, soaking some food in them. letting them completely dry out and feeding the fish those. If the hith is a vit deficiency that should help sort it over the course of a few weeks (depending on how severe).
he looks loads better! amazing what clean water can do, eh?
keep on keepin on.
all the best
cheers

hith wont be cleared with just clean water. It is caused either by anaerobic bacterial infection (its a specific species but i forget the name) or from vitamin deficiency. I would highly suggest getting some liquid baby vitamins, soaking some food in them. letting them completely dry out and feeding the fish those. If the hith is a vit deficiency that should help sort it over the course of a few weeks (depending on how severe).
he looks loads better! amazing what clean water can do, eh?
keep on keepin on.
all the best
cheers

Thank, is it Hexamita you're thinking of? I've read good things about Esha Hexamita med so could be worth a try. I'll definitely try the vitamins when I get chance. In fact, I'll get some tomorrow. :good:

I would try the vitamins for a week or two and see if there is improvement before starting any meds. Fish with healthy immune system (ie not stressed and getting a balanced nutritious diet) generally can fight off whatever infection is thrown their way-parasites excluded but not parasitic in this case. Vitamins may just give him the boost he needs (and if it is down to vit deficiency, cover that first.
He does look loads better tho already!
cheers

Fingers crossed buddy he's on the mend now.

Keith.

Thanks Keith.

I've been slacking off with keeping this up to date, sorry about that. Anyway, he's still in isolation and I'm still doing the water changes. I've not used any other meds or salts. His eye is looking loads better now, almost back to normal but not quite. The bad news is that the hith just won't go away. I'm thinking that next weekend I might put him back in the main tank. His appetite is back to normal too which is great.

img0533sg.jpg
The eye is looking so much better Dr Jamepsss :good:

Keith.

The eye is looking so much better Dr Jamepsss :good:

Keith.

Ha ha, cheers Keith.

I've not updated this for ages, sorry about that. Anyway, I'm ending the journal on a happy note. My angel is out of the hospital tank and back where he belongs and back to his usual self too. I moved him back yesterday and he's looking happy and healthy. He still has a bit of the hith but I'm going to be working towards getting rid of that too hopefully. His eye is completely back to normal.

P1010229.JPG

Massive thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, much appreciated.

Most reactions

Back