Angelfish Fighting!!!

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
I have a little dilemma here. I have 4 angelfish, 1 Black, 1 White, and 2 striped. The two striped ones are fighting crazyly, like constant attack for maybe 10 seconds. The fight maybe only happens 2 times a day, but it just looks a little brutal to me. They haven't lip-locked in fight yet though, so it's not a massacre, but I want to prevent it. Another thing, ONLY those 2 striped angels are fighting with each other only. The white and black one don't fight much. That's problem one.

Problem 2 with my angels is, I bought all my angels at the same size, and they have all grown about a 1cm since I bought them, but one of the striped ones have no changed much since. Is he just simply a late bloomer? By the way, that's the one angel that fights with the bigger striped one.

Please Help me before it turns real dirty. Thanks in Advance. :D

Right it sounds like you two wild coloured Angels are both Males as for the other two, well they may be a pair or two females. I am afraid there is not much you can do about it, now they have matured they will not appreicate the company of each other any more, you will have to move one of them or leave them. Is there a particualy aggressive one who starts these fights?

One of the wild coloured Angels may have paired with the peaceful Angels and wants to spawn, so he may be trying to get rid of his opponent.

Ok, thanks, I'll first see how it plays out a little before taking one out as I don't want to take any out!

As for my second question does anyone know the answer? -
I bought all my angels at the same size, and they have all grown about a 1cm since I bought them, but one of the striped ones have no changed much since. Is he just simply a late bloomer?

And feel free to give me insights on my first question too. Please! :D

Eelzor said:
Ok, thanks, I'll first see how it plays out a little before taking one out as I don't want to take any out!

As for my second question does anyone know the answer? -
I bought all my angels at the same size, and they have all grown about a 1cm since I bought them, but one of the striped ones have no changed much since. Is he just simply a late bloomer?

And feel free to give me insights on my first question too. Please! :D
I had some pretty mean angels a few years back. I couldn't move them, and so I left them there, unsure what would happen. Well, a heirarchy ensued and a dominant one emerged, and after the other one (who wanted to be KING also) finally stepped down, they all got along fine. We had them several years. I am not saying that this will happen in your case, but after a few torn fins and snipped feelers, they all started to get along. The king got the first pickings of the food and women, and the other got the leftovers. Sounds kinda sad, but alas I guess that is nature. :(

i have similar problem, but i think it is more violent..
i had 4 angels, 3 black and 1 white. the white one had popeye so i moved it into hospital. the remaining ones are 2 male and 1 female. the 2 males fight every day, lip locking and stuff. its really scary.

but recently i have noticed that the two males take turns at winning :flex: , and there isnt much fin/lip damage, and at feeding time all 3 are really peaceful (the female one helps the winning male out sometimes :hey: ), so i left them together. i would say leave it in there and let them work it out.

as for the second question, my friend has some angels, and he had them the same length that i had mine(we both got them from a friend who breeded, so i assume same parents), and mine are like uber huge and his are barely over an inch in length(we had them for about a yr). i guess i feed mine more or something.

hope that helped

hb B)

I was thinking along similar lines as Handsomeboy. Perhaps the one is smaller because he's lower or lowest on the chain of command and therefor not getting as much food.
Another reason could be simply that he was the runt.

As far as the aggression goes, I have one koi that runs off my little black one everytime he comes to the front of the tank. I haven't seen any damage done and don't really expect to. Most of mine were all the same size when purchased and have grown up together. The kois and marbeled ones are the biggest of those, but they aren't all the same exact size.

I hope what I've said makes sense and is helpful in some way!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back