Angelfish Cost

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
How much do you all think a 2.5" (Body) Kio Angelfish is worth? I beleive its a male, but it hasn't bred, so can't confirm (Starting to form a forehead I think). I need to get rid of it, since my other two (Didnt know when buying three isnt a good number) are starting to lay eggs.
 
tbh m8 not alot i think round here they are a couple £ more than normal angels and normals sell anythink from £2-£4 may be better at looking at a swap or giving away free 2 good home :)


jen
 
I bought it as a little guy at my LFS for $5. Il post it on craigslist and here. I hope to get like $10. Just enough to buy fish to take its place. If not, ill see what my LFS's will buy or trade it for.
 
Dude, you may get 4 dollars off him. If you could buy fish for cheap, turn around and sell them for more, i would be doing it, trust me.
 
2.5 Inch angel isnt worth much at all. Now, if it was a 6-7 inch angel, you may get something out of it, at most, 7 dollars. I am attempting to get rid of 6 angels soon, 2 are a breeding pair, and the lfs offerd me 15 dollars. See, you dont get much from angels unless you sell ALOT of them.

My bad, i just re-read your original post. So, your angel is about 6 inches tall? You still wont get more than 7 dollars.
 
Well, Ill see If I cant get $5. Thats what I paid. When you say so many inch tell, does that include fins?
 
I count top to bottom, fins and all. Some people just count Actual body size. I know Tolak counts body size, but i just say top to bottom .
 
You can try it. If you get 5 dollars, Kudo's to you, if you dont, pretend you did, or im going to say " I told ya so!" =]
 
Haha, ok. Although its not really a "I told you so" situation. Im not losing anything If I dont sell him. Its not a risk im taking other than having him for a week longer.
 
Shops mark up fish 3x to 4x what they pay for them. $5 to $7 would be about right for that fish around here.
 
I have two people on craigslist interested in buying for $7. Hopefully, Ill get one to buy it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top