Angel died :/

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ginger726

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can't put my finger on the problem. Came home yesterday afternoon to find one of my angels hanging on to life by a thread. His fins were fine, scales and color good, no holes or other problems that I could see. The other day I had made a comment to myself that both the angels seemed to have a lot of body slime. It was clear and looked just like their slime coat the only reason I saw it was the over flow filter left some bubbles on it when they swam through the current. Don't know if that has anything to do with it the other angel, catfish, cardinals, and betta seem to be fine. Anybody got any suggestions. I checked the parameters last week and this tank (75 gallons) had the best readings of all . Help help Help. But it isn't an emergency since he died already.

sorry to hear about your angel :no:

I had a very close call with mind last week, however the the cold water coursed the problems..

Not sure why your angel dead, how old was he. I heard they can grow to 8 year old.

Jason

i have found angels to not be too hardy...the lfs's are like always sick..even the new ones.....thats why i canned hte idea of htem

It kinda sounds like columnaris. Cant be positive though. One of my angels had a bout with this luckily I caught it in time. Also angels are very hardy fish IF they are raised properly. Most fish that you get in pet shops come from tanks waaaay over stocked which leads to a high level of stress, weakened immune systems, stunted growth from the start and cropped fins. Alot of wholesalers are more concerned about just keeping them alive long enuff to sell to the lfs. Not all are like this though as Ive seen some pretty healthy specimans. If you want some perfectly healthy angels that come from excellent stock, contact me in roughly 6 weeks. My koi angels will be ready by then as will my marble fantails. Sorry couldnt help putting in a bit of advertising :D .

Hmm. I wonder how well koi angels could travel from Maryland to Vancouver Island! :p

I don't know I will have to check the temperature maybe it is stressing them but I don't think so. I'm still puzzled. I bought him about a year and a half ago I guess he was probably half a year old maybe.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back