Anemone Combinations

Landlocked

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Editor's note: The questions are in bold, so you don't need to waste your valuable time reading all of this.

I have two clowns living in my 58 gallon aquarium tank. They have been in there for a few months now, and they're getting along pretty well.

There's also a rose anemone that's been in there for a few weeks. I only have one anemone, and so the clowns aren't doing too great of a job sharing it. One clown has taken the anemone, and refuses to let the other one in.

I was looking at it, and I was considering getting another anemone for the other clown. He seemed to be stressed from not being allowed into the anemone.

I've read, however, that if you have more than one anemone in a tank, they will seek each other out and fight to the death. Is this true or is it just a myth?

Also, does my stressed clown need another anemone? Will they just learn to share it (it's big enough) or should I just give up?

My tank stats are as close to perfect as you can get, so no worries there.

Please reply to this soon!
Landlocked

I don't think thay will seek each other out and fight to the death. I had two in my tank and they where fine untill I killed one :whistle: :no: My clowns do the same now, one has taken over the anemone and wont let the others in. At my LFS they keep all the Anemone's in one tank and they also do fine.

good luck
Hazmat

One more thing.....If you do get another anemone they will move around and it is frustrating. I have been playing musical corals for the past week because my anemone keeps moving :crazy:

I've already got one, so I know about the "musical corals" thing. Thanks for answering my questions! :D

Most reactions

Back