An "interesting" reaction has been added to the forums!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I hope that this is not wrong for me to post but, if a special emoticon is needed you may find what you need on my animated GIF gallery at:
There are over 2900 animated GIF images with even a section designated to fish stuff. It is antiquated but works even giving code to insert in a forum post to include the image. There is never any charge as it is a free site.

Here is a quick example. I just inserted the copied link code and inserted here.
fish59.gif

Please, if any mod feels this post is wrong, feel free to delete.

This might even work for befuddled...
head15.gif

I hope that this is not wrong for me to post but, if a special emoticon is needed you may find what you need on my animated GIF gallery at:
There are over 2900 animated GIF images with even a section designated to fish stuff. It is antiquated but works even giving code to insert in a forum post to include the image. There is never any charge as it is a free site.

I'm going to lose a lot of time browsing this amazing site, thank you! Reminds me of my early internet days and I'm loving the nostalgia!
This might even work for befuddled...
head15.gif

Calvin! One of my favourites!

I love this with my whole heart and soul

pegasus gif.gif

@jaylach I stole this one for my avatar (if that's okay!) but I'm sad that it isn't giffing!

dragon eating junkfood.gif

I also intend to randomly sign off posts using random gifs now, I hope people don't mind. But these deserve to be used!

@jaylach I stole this one for my avatar (if that's okay!) but I'm sad that it isn't giffing!

View attachment 314745

I also intend to randomly sign off posts using random gifs now, I hope people don't mind. But these deserve to be used!
Looks animated to me. :dunno: At least in your actual post it is animated but not in your avatar. It may be that this site does not allow avatar animations.

No issue as to using as that is what the site is about. I have unlimited bandwidth, unlimited data bases, unlimited storage and all that.

I know that the site is antiquated but I used to have a feedback section and suggested that I change to be more modern. That idea raised an uproar as to feedback. Since the site has had over 2 million unique visitors I figure why fix what seems to not be broken?

I have several 3D animations I really need to add to the site but just never seem to get to it. Here are a few of fish related examples.
turtle.gif
dolphin.gif
crab.gif

LOL! You mentioned leaving the oven on... here is my version. ;)
bird33.gif

I can't even make out what expression it's meant to be... are my old eyes failing me, or are these emoticons for ants??

ETA:
View attachment 314754
Oh, come on... This is a better shark... Oh shoot, another I need to add... :(
shark.gif

GIF's are fun but should be not over done on a forum as they can distract from content. I DO appreciate that you seem to like my gallery. :) Beerrme, as in the site title, was my roomie in Florida for a lot of years. We met in a soft biker bar and she always used one of those sponge things around the can to keep it cool longer. I think they are called cozies. One evening she slammed an empty beer can with a cozie and claimed "Beer Me!". After that her nick name was Beerme' ;)

Anyway, once introduced to computers she loved animated GIF images but hated the sites that hosted such. In all cases she found you were always having to click the back button or close display windows. I soon saw what she meant and decided to solve the display issue on such types of galleries. My gallery is the answer. No matter how often you change catagories or specific images everything still remains on the same page. I do this with an old HTML tag called frames where each frame displayed holds a totally different page. In today's world this method is obsolete but still works as I wrote it right.

Oddly this GIG gallery directly relates to my having five awards from Microsoft. A wonderful lady, no longer with us, was looking for smilies for her computer help forums and found my site. While I no longer use a feedback function I did at that time and she posted with a really nice response giving me respect for a job well done. So I looked her (Patty) and her forums up and joined. At first I came up a bit strong and some thought I was just a hotdog wanting to be heard. Fortunately there were two staff members that saw different. One taught me how to deal with Patty as she had a bit of an ego attitude. The other coached me in always using proper spelling and grammar. As he would say... "How can someone trust your advice if you can't even speak properly?". Over several years Patty and I became the best of friends and even personally met at a Microsoft Global Summit in 2008 to which we were both invited. When she knew she was going to die she turned all aspects of the computer help forums over to me. Due to a change of hosting and software these help forums are now small as to activity when 10 years ago they were one of the most to show up on searches, no longer the case. Still we help people at times and that is what matters. There is knowledge on the site. Shoot, I have 5 Microsoft awards and my other admin has something like 14 awards.

If any need free help, and can still got on-line, Computer Haven MAY be able to help. Here is a link to the base page that has some simple tutorials and proven safe downloads. To actually ask questions you would need to click any of the 'forum' links and register. Just like here, if joining a forum, you will need to register.

We actually had to make a rule a while back forbidding the posting of GIFs in on-topic threads because a few of our *ahem* younger members had gotten into the habit of turning just about every thread into a battle to see who could post the highest number of inane, moving pictures...

Posting things like that always makes me want to don my old man voice. YOU KIDS GET OFF MY GRASS!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back