An "interesting" reaction has been added to the forums!

Upchuck reaction
IMG_0824.gif

I've kinda wanted an "interesting!" reaction button for some posts, for when "brilliant" or "useful" don't quite fit. But this interesting with the monocle is normally sarcastic, to me, and I don't want to use it and offend someone!

Another part of me is getting old and has always had a low-key loathing for emoticons. Like @TwoTankAmin , I dislike feeling forced to use them when I'd rather just type normally, but social media *spits* has normalised boiling everything down to communicating in memes, no more than tweet-length and relying on little faces to express ourselves. Hmmff.

Last edited:
I've kinda wanted an "interesting!" reaction button for some posts, for when "brilliant" or "useful" don't quite fit. But this interesting with the monical is normally sarcastic, to me, and I don't want to use it and offend someone!

Another part of me is getting old and has always had a low-key loathing for emoticons. Like @TwoTankAmin , I dislike feeling forced to use them when I'd rather just type normally, but social media *spits* has normalised boiling everything down to communicating in memes, no more than tweet-length and relying on little faces to express ourselves. Hmmff.
I agree... It does kinda seem sarcastic. But it can also be serious... And WHAT IF you WANT it to be sarcastic...
Cause some posts are ✨iNtErEsTiNg✨

Yay! It's like a forum in-joke, and some circumstances require a fuplie or two. I said it a few times the other day when my filter broke, let me tell you.
I don't curse but let me tell you... When I stub my toes really hard on something, my brain is saying a lot of things it shouldn't be 😂😂😂

@AdoraBelle Dearheart @Rocky998
I wholeheartedly support your efforts to convince the almighty moderators

I agree... It does kinda seem sarcastic. But it can also be serious... And WHAT IF you WANT it to be sarcastic...
Cause some posts are ✨iNtErEsTiNg✨

See, I need you kids to teach me some of the new slang now, because I'm getting old and out of touch. It took me a while to learn that the cApItAlIsInG eVeRy OtHeR lEtTeR iS sArCaSm.

I definitely used this emotion wrong a bunch of times, even here: :fun: Because it's labelled "fun" and I thought it meant like, "playful". But seeing it in use on Twitter, which I've only just reluctantly joined, uses it to mean sarcasm/not happy?

It's like you're speaking another language sometimes :p

See, I need you kids to teach me some of the new slang now, because I'm getting old and out of touch. It took me a while to learn that the cApItAlIsInG eVeRy OtHeR lEtTeR iS sArCaSm.

I definitely used this emotion wrong a bunch of times, even here: :fun: Because it's labelled "fun" and I thought it meant like, "playful". But seeing it in use on Twitter, which I've only just reluctantly joined, uses it to mean sarcasm/not happy?

It's like you're speaking another language sometimes :p
If always thought that one is meaning fun or playful, so I dunno 🙃

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back