Any interest is a thread on the bio-farm in which I am cycling 15 filters to go into 8 summer tanks?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Do you want me to continue this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The terrace tanks were shut down In Sept. the nightime temps dropped into the high 40s and low 50s and I could not beat that back. All the tanks are now empty and the sand is gone as well (I saved it). I am about to winterize the trerrace

A lot of the fish out there are now sold. At catCom I sold 7 TR parented 173, 7 true F1 173 and 10 Rudrovcan line 236.

Since then I have shipped out another 49 fish- zebras, TR 173 and the Budrovcan 236 breeding group. Today the last 4 breeding zebras and two of their offspring went out. All that remains of the original zebras from 2006 and tre placements needed over the years remian. There are 7 fish and the oldest has to be aboyt 21 years while the youngest is likely more like 17. I will probably let them live out their lives in my taj=ks as I doubt they will do much if any breeding at all.

I am still getting new babies from the wild caught 173, the super white 236 and a few from my second zebra group which were bred by and imported from Bellenz farms in Indonesia. These 3 groups are planned to be sold next year most likely. I am done doing the summer tanks for sure. I actually have 3 empty tanks now and will have a 4th empty tomorrow. That gets me down to 16. However, I now have a few buckets filled with plants, wood and rock work. I have no clue where to put them.

But I have 10 black corys coming next week and I expect I will need to keep a 20L ready for them. I have not bred corys in many years and am thinking hmm, maybe I should try with these. I am also sending out the first sw 236 next week.

I am thinking it is also time to make a substitute for Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride. I just nreed to calculate how much of the Fritz ammonia chloride powder to add to 300 ml of ro/di water such that 1 ml of the solution will take a 20 gal tank to 2.6 ppm of ammonia. I need to do this pretty soon if I want to keep one or two empty tanks cycled.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back