Ammonia Problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

johnnywortho

Reaction score
Ok so i bought a tub of ammonium chloride at the weekend off ebay which is in a powder form and today i tried it out. So i get a bucket and put 1 liter of my tank water in with just a small spoon full of the ammonium powder and test it with my APi tester kit. Wait 5 mins for the results and it brings out around 1.0 ppm. so i try again by adding another spoon full, which now brings me to 2 spoon fulls of ammonium to 1liter of water. But when i test the solution it doesn't change colour at all. just stays the same as my tank water. Now is there a reason that 2 spoon fulls of ammonium to 1 liter of tank water wouldn't show up any traces of ppm at all?

Ok so i bought a tub of ammonium chloride at the weekend off ebay which is in a powder form and today i tried it out. So i get a bucket and put 1 liter of my tank water in with just a small spoon full of the ammonium powder and test it with my APi tester kit. Wait 5 mins for the results and it brings out around 1.0 ppm. so i try again by adding another spoon full, which now brings me to 2 spoon fulls of ammonium to 1liter of water. But when i test the solution it doesn't change colour at all. just stays the same as my tank water. Now is there a reason that 2 spoon fulls of ammonium to 1 liter of tank water wouldn't show up any traces of ppm at all?

This is because its different stuff... and not the "ammonia" you need ! I would drain it and start again ! (sorry)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back