Ammonia In Rain And Tapwater

Rediahs

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
727
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
The only reason I know that my API liquid test is able to read a yellow zero is because of my cycled fishtank :lol:

Is it bad for people to have ammonia in their water? What does it mean that there is ammonia in the rainwater here? I don't understand where it comes from... there is 0 KH and 0 GH and 0 nitrates but it has ammonia. About the same ammonia as the tapwater.. 0.25 ppm or a little bit less (maybe 0.15 ppm).
 
It doesn't matter provided your taking the water for your tanks from the mains (possibility of you taking it from a tank in the attic which may contain dead nasties, I would suspect canada is the same as the UK or US where all mains water is suitable for drinking) and your tank is cycled it will cope with the slight ammonia difference.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top