Amazon swords

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi

I have two amazon swords in my tropical tank and they arent doing so well, they have turned brown/yellow and the leaves have gone all holey!!!!

I have tried lighting, plant fertliser and bloody things wont grow they just diee on me!!!!

Am i planting them in wrongly? -_-

They won't anchor in the pea gravel they just keep floating to the top of the tank. I've tried plants weights to!!!! :crazy:

I have a tropiquruim 88 model with AQUA GLO TUBE and SUN GLO TUBE and the tank lights are on from 8.30am in the morning to 6pm at night.

Have added NUTRAFIN PLANT GROWTH but with not much improvement. I have 3 large amazon swords two are doing well and the one isnt. I have cut off all the dead brown leafs because it looked hidous.

Yet my other plants MICROPHYLLIUM, VALLIS ETC are doing well.

Try using some different plant food, the talets are good, also some laterite would be good also, :rolleyes:

There's a company called seachem that makes all sorts of plant foods (ferts and the sort). I use them in my tanks all the time now. They have Flourish Trace, Flourish Excel, Flourish Iron as well as many others. Those are the ones I use, they are a liquid. Crypts are very needy when it comes to getting food and such. They are a root feeder so some root tabs would help greatly. Sounds like your plants need some iron. If that doesn't work then I would keep up the iron and change the bulbs to something different. That may be part of the cause as well as the iron. The lights may be the wrong spectum for the plants to use. You can get seachems stuff on line (I don't have much luck with the LPS having what I need for my plants...lol)

As for anchoring them in the gravel you may have to put them deeper into the gravel than you might be. You might also have to put a bigger rock or two next to the plant for a few weeks while the plant is anchoring it's self to the gravel. It'll help keep the plant from floating.

Hope this helps a bit.

Rose

It could be the iron so i would used Tropica Master grow fertilizer. i started using it 2months ago and my plants have really inprove

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back