shortymet55
Fishaholic
I went to the store today to pick up some Oto Catfish. I was expecting them to eat some algae, maybe prevent growth, but these guys are AMAZING. I put 3 in my big tank (new), so they would prevent algae, and 3 in my small (old) to eat the algae that has accumulated. Ill add wafers to the tank with no algae, but the old one with algae has plenty of food for them. Anyways, i just posted to say how spectacular these bad boys are. I have a bunch of fake plant leaves covered in algae. Already (few hours), these guys have gotten used to the tank and started chowing down the food. Each one just picks a leave and clears it in a few minutes. I never expected to see algae on a leaf and as the Oto passes over that leave to have the algae disappear. That is what its like. I thought they had to sit in one spot to eat it, but somehow they can cruise over the algae and remove it. I assume its really loose algae, but still very interesting to watch. I have never seen a Algae Eater eating algae like this, because I put a CAE in the tank right away, so it ate wafers and prevented algae from growing, but when I removed him, the algae started to grow.
THESE BABIES ARE COOL. Im really excited. Otos are now my favorite fish I have.
THESE BABIES ARE COOL. Im really excited. Otos are now my favorite fish I have.







