Amazing aquarium update!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Ok, so this story is going to sound ridiculous and to understand it, know these things: I get paid for some of the chores including mowing the grass which is $3 I get paid to do that... So, for some stupid reason me and my dad were discussing whether or not the paint commercial with the wine being spilt on a wall was behr paint or valspar... (I know stupid but it ends up being awesome) so I kept saying that the brand was behr, but my dad was like "no its valspar" even my mom thought it was valspar... So my dad mames a bet and says: "I tell you what... If you're wrong you have to mow the grass with no pay... But if you're right I'll pay you $50 for both" So I almost didnt take the bet cause I was like... Well, they are very sure about it maybe their right... But I knew it had to be behr so I took the risky bet... And sure enough when I looked it up it was behr... But my dad wanted to look it up himself and found the same thing... So he tried to not lose $50 to me and said: "well if behr and valspar are the same then we're both right" so I looked that up and they are two seperate companies... So, I just finished up mowing two lawns and I'm walking away with a lot of aquarium funds... It should be enough to get the rest of the items I really really need... (The semi-expensive stuff)

heh, always nice to have a little cash for much needed tank equipment ;)

As we all know, this is not exactly the cheapest hobby!

Bet your parents are pleased you waste money on your fish rather than drinking, smoking, drugs and gambling.

Beg to differ that fishkeeping is not a waste of money.......... ^_^

That's awesome! I remember as a kid (relative term, I'm 28 but was 14) having to try very hard to get anything for my aquarium. You gotta do what you can to get by!

Last edited:
Ok, so this story is going to sound ridiculous and to understand it, know these things: I get paid for some of the chores including mowing the grass which is $3 I get paid to do that... So, for some stupid reason me and my dad were discussing whether or not the paint commercial with the wine being spilt on a wall was behr paint or valspar... (I know stupid but it ends up being awesome) so I kept saying that the brand was behr, but my dad was like "no its valspar" even my mom thought it was valspar... So my dad mames a bet and says: "I tell you what... If you're wrong you have to mow the grass with no pay... But if you're right I'll pay you $50 for both" So I almost didnt take the bet cause I was like... Well, they are very sure about it maybe their right... But I knew it had to be behr so I took the risky bet... And sure enough when I looked it up it was behr... But my dad wanted to look it up himself and found the same thing... So he tried to not lose $50 to me and said: "well if behr and valspar are the same then we're both right" so I looked that up and they are two seperate companies... So, I just finished up mowing two lawns and I'm walking away with a lot of aquarium funds... It should be enough to get the rest of the items I really really need... (The semi-expensive stuff)
Quit while your ahead kid. The worst thing that can happen is to win your first bet.

Quit while your ahead kid. The worst thing that can happen is to win your first bet.
Oh no, I dont go into bets easily... Even this I almost didn't... I'm not one to get too ahead of myself when it comes to things like this...

That's awesome! I remember as a kid (relative term, I'm 18 but was 14) having to try very hard to get anything for my aquarium. You gotta do what you can to get by!
Lol yup... Ah, the teenager life

Beg to differ that fishkeeping is not a waste of money.......... ^_^
Well, it is... In a way... You dont need a fish tank and so to some people, it would seem like a waste... But its awesome and when you get in the fish mafia... Its then life and most you're money will be handed over to your aquarium.

heh, always nice to have a little cash for much needed tank equipment ;)

As we all know, this is not exactly the cheapest hobby!
Oh god yes... So here's a funny story... My brother found a little baby mud turtle on our patio... We did some research and found out that our state has no protection laws against mud turtles because they are thriving. Their law states that: "Anyone without special permission to take a turtle from the wild cant keep over five" and since it was one we were ok. So we go to the pet store to (with a list I made after weeks of research) and then find out its like $250... My mom said no and my brother was really mad... Fast forward to when I tell my mom how much the fish tank will be (apx. $400) she literally said word for word: "Jeez, we should've just done the turtle" 😂

Bet your parents are pleased you waste money on your fish rather than drinking, smoking, drugs and gambling.
If we spend all our money on our fish, we won’t have any money for drugs. Simple physics. :drink:

so your parents are encouraging you to gamble with your money:rolleyes:
Well $50 for mowing the lawn helps makes up for all the times they underpaid you at $3 per lawn mowing.

so your parents are encouraging you to gamble with your money:rolleyes:
Well $50 for mowing the lawn helps makes up for all the times they underpaid you at $3 per lawn mowing.
No, they've taught me well at not gambling with my money... But $3 is a little under what I would like... $5 would be great...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back