Amano Shrimp Breeding Success!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ToBoldyGo

Reaction score
Hello all,

If you're reading this thanks for taking a look, with very strong odds against them and all the online advice to the contrary my Amano shrimp have successfully bred in captivity and raised a fry way past larvae stages. The colour of the baby eludes me and I assure you I have not cheated my smallish aqua one tank houses 1 Male shrimp and 1 female shrimp Amano only no other invertebrates other than a pagoda snail so no chances of species intermingling. So please see the image and admire a very very very rare spectacle to which I can only describe as nature finding a way.
Screenshot_20190617-210506_Gallery.jpg

Wow! Congratulations! Amano Shrimp are usually very hard to breed in captivity! Good job! :) :good:

Hi, as described I have no other species in the tank there 0% chance of it being a cherry shrimp. Plus I've seen this fry grow from around 2mm in length far to small to be purchased from a pet store. Thanks for your comment though :)

It must have come in on some plants or even with the amanos, they are tiny to begin with so you may not have seen it, Amanos are clear shrimp as your two are, not red. I am sorry but that is no way that is an baby Amano as much as it would be great if it was :(

Hi, I am afraid you are incorrect, I only have artificial plants and the amanos have been present in the tank for over 6 months the fry didnt appear til a couple of months ago. There is absolutely no possible way of a cherry shrimp getting into my tank. There have been no introductions to be able to produce this cherry shrimp other than the amanos. Plus the fry started off a much more vibrant red and as time goes by the colour is becoming translucent. I will update with pics as we go so the change can be seen. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one :) no ill feelings of course.

Ok we will have to agree to disagree on this one, no hard feelings of course! :)

Amano shrimp can change color. Have heard more then once about them being different colors in breeding ponds. And breeding them in the hobby is pretty common. Not so much for an average community tank. But one setup specie's specific. Anyway they can be blue,red,orange, green and I think another color or two. But they revert back to what we recognize in an aquarium.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back