Amanda's 55g ~~tons & Tons Of Pics!

Thanks. It has been about a week so I guess it is time to change it. I will do that in the morning. I don't have the second one yet. I am getting it when I order supplies again. It won't be very long. I am trying to make up my mind about a few things on the list. I need substrate for a few tanks and a few necessities.

Thanks. I guess I can stop looking for that plant. I wish you had kept it. Then I could beg some off of you. I did find some plants that I like though.

I am pretty happy with the 2 sides. I am still not happy with the middle. I just don't know what to do about it yet. I guess I will think on it some more. I hope they all do ok in my tank. I have never tried most of these plants.

Thanks for looking and posting. :good:

I just thought I would up date this. The ludwigia is not doing well. I don't think it likes my tank. Everything else is doing fine. Here is the progress so far.

View attachment 51708
new_pics_132.jpg

I think it is going fairly well. What do you think?

Looking good. Too bad about the ludwigia. You know, whether I have a high light or a low light set-up, Ludwigia species never did well for me either. I can grow R. macrandra, but not Ludwigia. Kind of wierd. It probably has something to do with my water chemistry. Let us blame everything that goes poorly on water chemistry. :shifty:

That sounds good to me too... It has to be the water. :D

I will probably be removing the ludwigia and sending it to jollysue to see if it will grow for her.
Then I will let this tank grow a bit more. It shouldn't be too long before time to trim some things. I will fill in with trimmings to get a fuller look. I really like the cabomba. Hopefully I will be able to keep it going in there. So far it is doing fine. I guess time will tell...

I am in the wait stage now with this tank. Things will fill out and take shape as things grow. So far I am fairly happy with it. The only real changes I think will be around the path. The ferns and anubia are not attached to the big pieces of wood. They are attached to small pieces and just propped on the big one. The loaches keep knocking it off. I am going to have to do something about that. I am not sure yet what I am going to do yet though.

I am having a problem with snails eating holes in the bulbs of the crinums. The loaches are not stopping them. They have reduced the numbers greatly, but I still have quite a few snails still in there. Will snail munching kill the crinums? What can I do to stop them?

Eventually you will only have snail shells. :D But it takes them awhile to finish all the buggers off.

I like the tank, and I like the path. :p

I am planning to get a few cuttings from this tank to help fill in a couple of spots. It will mean plants being a little shorter for a little while, but they will grow back. I am setting up a tank just for starting plants and such. I am going to try it out with some of these plants and a few from other tanks... I hope it works.

Thanks for the compliments. :hyper: It has taken me a long time to get to this point with this or any tank. I have learned a lot, but I still have lots to learn. :good:

I will update again when there is something to show again. :D

Hey amanda :D

is that an onion plant just to the left of the centre? :good:

yes. It is crinum calamistratum. May be spelled wrong... :blush:
In the far left corner behind the cabomba is 2 crinum thaia... can't spell that one either right now... :blush:
I have those days more and more... I am going to have to go back to keeping a notebook to remind me of these little details... :rolleyes:

They are really pretty, but the snails are munching the bulbs. I am afraid the snails are going to eat the plants before the loaches eat the snails... :shifty: I may just have to get more loaches... :hyper:

Ah wicked :D

I have had one for 7 months, and in those seven months it lost about 5 leaves, and shrank a little lol :(

But yesterday i noticed one whole root sticking out! :hyper:

Do you know if these have a dormant stage?

I don't know if it has a dormant stage or not. I do know that if you put the bulb down in the substrate it will rot. You only plant the roots with the very bottom of the bulb. The rest needs to be sticking out.
I have not had mine long, and I have never had one before. I really don't know much about them. I just love the look...
I hope mine don't die...

I don't know if it has a dormant stage or not. I do know that if you put the bulb down in the substrate it will rot. You only plant the roots with the very bottom of the bulb. The rest needs to be sticking out.
I have not had mine long, and I have never had one before. I really don't know much about them. I just love the look...
I hope mine don't die...

yeah it was just resting on the sand for 7 months lol.

i'll have a google then, cheers! :D

I have a very nice plastic one from PetSmart. It has never lost a leaf and it does very well without being planted deep. :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back