am i overstocked?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Cavafish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Sorry sorry sorry. The regular posters on here must be real sick of this one.

I dont believe I have ever asked this question before so I am going to use that as an excuse. :rolleyes:

Can someone please take a look at my sig and see if I have room for any more fishes pls. None of the larger specimens are full sized, sharks are about 3" same with gouramis and flying foxes. Plec is a little guy. B) Angels are about 2" round.

Reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of getting some more bala sharks as mine seem to be very uneasy. I've asked in the ciprinids forum about this - awaiting a reply.

Many thanks to anyone who takes the trouble to look this through :*

Cava :fish:

Hi cava
sorry but IMHO yes you are,slightly overstocked.

However are you relying entirely on the juwel filter in that tank of do you have an external cannister as well?

If you added an external along with the internal , i think that you may, in time, bring the fish levels up a little bit.

no, only got the juwel one.

Not offended if people think I am overstocked - its a big list of fishes!

The usual story now: "We might be getting another tank in the future" (this Christmas I hope) so I may seperate out the big boys from the small..... :dunno:

yes i agree, bala sharks need lots of room to swim or they will smack into the glass of aquarium. You need at least a 55 gallon for your sharks. But bala sharks are slow growing fish so you should have time to get the tank later. But be ready to buy as big as possible for the sharks.

88 Uk Gallons ... that's like 105 US gallons ... I wouldn't say you are over stocked persay, just that you may run into some compatability problems later down the line.

as they are all small at the moment possibly ok except for the filtration i hope you do lots of water changes but i do agree on the compatability of some of the fishes.
dixon

I don't think adding more Bala Sharks will help the ones you already have. A lot of them are timid and anxious, that is just the way they are :thumbs:

Brilliant guys - thanks for all that. I know that I may have problems but I think I do have some time to sort it out as, like you pointed out, they are all young fish.

Going to my LFS this afternoon so will see what they say as well as get some liquifry food - I've just found 2 platy fry alive!!! :eek: :D :D

got one into the breeding net, the other is in the filter housing where it should be safe til I change the filters next...... :D

Thanks again,

i actually dont think you are

as long as your water is always in good shape thats the main thing. I wouldnt be adding anything else though.

good news then! nice, like it. :p

I wont be adding any more unless there is a very good REASON...but I cant think of one. B)

Water parameters have always been stable its just nitrAte that runs a little high at times 50-75 but its never been higher than this. I will fish-keep with more confidence now.

Big thankyou :flowers:

Most reactions

Back