Am I Overstocked ?

manduup

New Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Virginia
I have a 46 gallon tank. I have 1 Chinese algae eater, 3 giant danios, 4 long finned rosy barbs, 3 long finned zebra danios, 2 kissing gourami, and 3 neon tetras. The tank has been running for about 2 years. All the fishes are 4 inches to an inch. I was wondering if my tank is overstocked. Could someone tell me please. :D
 
I wouldn't have said you are. What were you thinking of adding, what are the tank dims and what filter do you have ?
 
I have a 46 gallon tank. I have 1 Chinese algae eater, 3 giant danios, 4 long finned rosy barbs, 3 long finned zebra danios, 2 kissing gourami, and 3 neon tetras. The tank has been running for about 2 years. All the fishes are 4 inches to an inch. I was wondering if my tank is overstocked. Could someone tell me please. :D

In 2 years, your kissers shoud've been about 7 inches, & the chinese Algea eater will also outgrow the tank.... Whereas you are not really overstocked,.... I think those 2 species do not belong in there....
 
I wouldn't have said you are. What were you thinking of adding, what are the tank dims and what filter do you have ?
I was thinking of adding a pair of swordtails. I have a marineland biowheel 350 filter.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top