Am I Overfeeding?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cupofjoel

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I have 12 congo tetras around 1 inch in size. I put in food, the amount I think is enough for them and they demolish it all in 5 seconds! I have seen people recommend to feed whatever fish can finish in a minute...that would be way too much if I kept giving them food for a minute!

So, how do you determine how much is enough?

Thoughts? Thanks!

Congo tetra are greedy. I have 10 of them. Finishing 1 Cube's of de-frosted bloodworm for 30 seconds. I have to split the food so that my corys have some too. :fish:, my suggestion is, feed them that you think its enough. Less food and scheduled is better. :) if they can finish it in 5 second then thats good. You dont need to wait for exact 1 min before they finish to determine "Enough Food"

There are many 'schools of thought' regarding feeding. Some say once a day and only as much as fish will consume in a minute or two, plus let the fish fast one or two days a week...Except for fry and young, growing fish that require more constant food.
I tend to buy into Charles Clapsaddle's 'grazers and gorgers' views on feeding.
In any case, be sure to feed a high quality staple food and augment with live or frozen foods when possible.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back