Am I Over Stocked

brads

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
England Plymouth
Hi Chaps, Have a look at my sig, am I over stocked. If so if I take out the neons would that be ok?

Cheers Brads
 
I think you maybe a bit over stocked :crazy: It does deppend on quite alot if you do regular water changes and how big your filtration is.

Any info on how much of these you do?

Tom
 
You are right at your limit, some would say you were overstocked, however with frequent water changes and good filtration you should be ok.

By the way, if you felt you were overstocked, taking out the Neons would be the wrong course of action as you would be removing the fish that have the smallest impact on the tank (water quailty wise) since they are so small. If you were going to remove any fish, you should remove the biggest fish which are the ones that will eat the most and create the most waste.
 
You are right at your limit, some would say you were overstocked, however with frequent water changes and good filtration you should be ok.

By the way, if you felt you were overstocked, taking out the Neons would be the wrong course of action as you would be removing the fish that have the smallest impact on the tank (water quailty wise) since they are so small. If you were going to remove any fish, you should remove the biggest fish which are the ones that will eat the most and create the most waste.

I agree.
 
I do weekly water changes. 42 uk gals= 192 litres. I change three buckets a week = 36 litres.
I do get a bit of algae which makes me feel I may be over stocked. My lights are on 7 hours a day 5pm til 12
I run a Rena XP2

Cheers Brads
 
I would agree with the above, just a tad over stocked but nothing to worry about with good filtration, and routine water changes (25% weekly.)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top